AADSAS GPA vs Transcript GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Was your AADSAS GPA different from your transcript GPA? (Pick two)

• My +/- GPA was higher on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • My +/- GPA was the same on AADSAS as on my transcript

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • My +/- GPA was lower on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • My GPA without +/- was higher on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • My GPA without +/- was the same on AADSAS as on my transcript

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • My GPA without +/- was lower on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

baby tooth

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this came up in another thread and I'm wondering how all of you guys with AADSAS calculated GPA's turned out. I looked through past threads, but they're old and don't have polls.

Was your AADSAS calculated GPA higher, lower, or the same as the GPA on your transcript? If you know why there was a discrepancy, please disclose why in the comments. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much the same

Pretty much the same

I'm going to be upset if mine aren't the same as on my transcript. I have a few W's...those don't get entered in as 0.0's...do they? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be upset if mine aren't the same as on my transcript. I have a few W's...those don't get entered in as 0.0's...do they? :scared:

I have a few W's, they don't affect your GPA. My GPA didn't change between my actual transcript and the one AADSAS calculated

My AADSAS gpa without +/- was 0.01 points lower than my transcript GPA.. so I'm not too worried about it lol

I have a few W's, they don't affect your GPA. My GPA didn't change between my actual transcript and the one AADSAS calculated

Good to know! Thanks! This really only applies to the +/- GPA.

The without +/- GPA is going to depend on the letter grades themselves only, obviously.

My aadsas gpa was higher because they count A+ as 4.33 while my institituion counts them as 4.0. Those few A+s I recived boosted my gpa :thumbup:

My aadsas gpa was higher because they count A+ as 4.33 while my institituion counts them as 4.0. Those few A+s I recived boosted my gpa :thumbup:

Wow, your school gave out A+'s on a regular basis. A+ were really hard to come by at my school. I'm pretty sure to get one in most departments, the professor had to write to the department chair to explain the situation. I didn't even know A+ existed at my school until a friend got one.

I'm still curious as to how someone's GPA can be lower on AADSAS than on the transcript. I just don't understand how this is possible.

I'm still curious as to how someone's GPA can be lower on AADSAS than on the transcript. I just don't understand how this is possible.

If your school allows a grade earned in a repeated course to replace the grade earned in the first attempt, then your AADSAS GPA will be lower. AADSAS takes both grades into account when determine GPA, while some schools don't.

Also, regarding W's: I thought withdrawn courses DO hurt the AADSAS GPA. Don't they count a W as zero earned grade points out of the number attempted? Anybody?

Wow, your school gave out A+'s on a regular basis. A+ were really hard to come by at my school. I'm pretty sure to get one in most departments, the professor had to write to the department chair to explain the situation. I didn't even know A+ existed at my school until a friend got one.

It wasn't on a regular basis. Your class avg had to be above a 98 and only some professors will give them out because they have no affect on your gpa, (except for AADSAS). By few i mean only two :p. Though I will say one of my friends gpa was a 4.2 by getting A+s in every class possible.

It wasn't on a regular basis. Your class avg had to be above a 98 and only some professors will give them out because they have no affect on your gpa, (except for AADSAS). By few i mean only two :p. Though I will say one of my friends gpa was a 4.2 by getting A+s in every class possible.

Well I'm not saying getting an A+ would be easy by any means. It'd just be a lot easier if there were clear-cut guidelines for universities across the board. Because some universities give absolutely no A+'s...even if you have a 100% in the class. And some (like mine) make it really hard (you basically need a 100% to get a professor to try to do it, since it involves a lot of extra work for them).

Last edited:
Also, regarding W's: I thought withdrawn courses DO hurt the AADSAS GPA. Don't they count a W as zero earned grade points out of the number attempted? Anybody?

Tunaman above said his W's didn't hurt his GPA, but I'm curious as to where you got this information from.

I don't even see how AADSAS could attempt to calculate a grade for a W. It's not an indication that you failed the class...unless you have a WF or something. I certainly wasn't failing the classes I have W's in.

Tunaman above said his W's didn't hurt his GPA, but I'm curious as to where you got this information from.

I don't even see how AADSAS could attempt to calculate a grade for a W. It's not an indication that you failed the class...unless you have a WF or something. I certainly wasn't failing the classes I have W's in.

I was simply asking (and nobody suggested that you were failing anything). I wouldn't know about this since I never received a W. You're welcome for answering your other question, though.

I was simply asking (and nobody suggested that you were failing anything). I wouldn't know about this since I never received a W. You're welcome for answering your other question, though.

I didn't mean to come across as defensively as you may have interpreted my post. It was only upon re-reading that I realized it could have come across as very defensive.

Still, I wonder about the W's. I'm practically ****ting bricks made of fear. :scared: Lol

Do not worry, babytooth. I followed the link in the other thread because I was curious-- W's do not count against you, as I now understand. I am sure you will be fine and I wish you the best of luck this cycle. We're all in this together!!!

Do not worry, babytooth. I followed the link in the other thread because I was curious-- W's do not count against you, as I now understand. I am sure you will be fine and I wish you the best of luck this cycle. We're all in this together!!!

I'd give you a hug right now if I could. :)