AADSAS grade conversion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doowonie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i read some posts about canadian->american GPA conversion
and i saw AADSAS grade conversion chart
about A+=4.333 A=4.0...etc etc
so does that mean all American GPA is out of 4.3333?
so when people say

"I have a 3.65 gpa and DAT score of blah blah blah"
that 3.65 gpa would be out of 4.3333 scale, not the 4.0 scale?
i'm very confused :S help me out here guys i'm sorry if this question was repeated before, but i just wanted to make things clear since all the experts hang around here

Members don't see this ad.

Well, your regular GPA gets converted to an AADSAS GPA. If you have any A+, even if your school doesn't give you a 4.33 for it, AADSAS will. But that doesn't mean that every school gives out A+, or that someone will even have A+. So let's say someone has a 4.0 at whatever university, and most of their A's are actually A+. Their AADSAS GPA will be higher than their transcript GPA.

Well, your regular GPA gets converted to an AADSAS GPA. If you have any A+, even if your school doesn't give you a 4.33 for it, AADSAS will. But that doesn't mean that every school gives out A+, or that someone will even have A+. So let's say someone has a 4.0 at whatever university, and most of their A's are actually A+. Their AADSAS GPA will be higher than their transcript GPA.

But.. most schools that give out A+s have a 4.33 scale, and schools that are on a 4.0 scales don't even give out A+s

Members don't see this ad :)
how would they know if your A was actually an A + if your college transcript just says A with no % grade

how would they know if your A was actually an A + if your college transcript just says A with no % grade

They don't.

Which is what I was saying with the last post I made.
In theory, he's right. Even if your school doesn't use a 4.33 scale but if you have an A+, it will be counted as 4.33 on AADSAS. However, schools that use a 4.0 generally don't give out A+s, so AADSAS would never know.

But.. most schools that give out A+s have a 4.33 scale, and schools that are on a 4.0 scales don't even give out A+s

I attend a university where A+s are seldom given out and do not count as a 4.33. They count as a 4.0. When converted for AADSAS, my gpa went up from my transcript b/c the A+'s actually counted.