1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AADSAS Grade Converting Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by wu8313, May 18, 2008.

1. wu8313

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have a question about entering grades and converting them to AADSAS grades

When you enter your grades in a class that you got a B+ in, do u put AB (which is 3.5 for the AADSAS converter) or did u leave it as B+??

Because at our school it says B+ is 3.5 but on the converter it says B+ is 3.0...so im confused on the converter whether to put B+ or AB?? Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CUDental

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think you are supposed to leave it as a B+ and then you just get screwed on your AADSAS GPA. I'd only put AB if that's what it says on the transcript. I hope I'm wrong though... my school does it the same way and this will hurt my GPA a bit. Sucks since I definitely have a couple of 92% B+'s that will now be 3.3 or 3.0 (I thought AADSAS B+'s were 3.3) rather than a 3.5 or even a 4.0. One more reason why GPA doesn't always tell the whole story...

4. Mamona

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think you need to put it as it's shown in your transcripts... they will verify everything and the way I understand they do it is look what you wrote and what the transcript shows. Also if you read at the instruction it also mention that ADDSAS GPA for B+ is 3.3...
    Hope this help