1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AADSAS Grade Update

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by philicity, Dec 15, 2005.

1. philicity

philicity Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is it necessary to send updated grades to AADSAS if you are already accepted into the dental school of your choice? I have my last interview coming up soon and I don't feel like going through the trouble of updating grades. Also, with the speed at which AADSAS runs, the dental school is not going to get the update before my interview anyways.

so...are updating grades really necessary?

2. INFNITE

INFNITE mmm....doughnut
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I don't think it's necessary. If the schools want to see the updated grades, more than likely they'll request you to send the transcripts directly.

3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    The grade updating thing isn't working for me. :(

4. INFNITE

INFNITE mmm....doughnut
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    according to the FAQs on AADSAS, academic update is not mandatory. It's pointless really...considering how slow AADSAS is. I would do it only if your grades improved. If not, don't bother.

5. cutema06

cutema06 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

What if your planned courses have been updated? I have couple of courses that are necessarily to be updated since I have dropped some courses (one course w/ a big W :( ) and decided to take them later (e.g. Winter and Spring quarters) instead of Fall quarter as I mentioned previously on AADSAS. I don't like to do the AADSAS AU, so is it better to contact the schools directly via letters or e-mail messages? Or, is it really necessary to let them know the courses that are not requisites for the schools prior to sending the final transcripts to them?

Thanks in advance.

6. svwtyf

svwtyf Member
    5+ Year Member

Is the academic update necessary for anyone who HAS NOT gotten a SINGLE interview so far??

I've applied to about 14 schools and haven't gotten invited anywhere. My science gpa is 2.9 and DAT is 18 AA/14 PAT. Compared to fellow SDNers, I'm waaay below average. Compared to the rest of nationwide students applying that don't post on SDN, I guess I'm average...?

I graduate this semester, and my grades are not going to be great. Probably 2 Cs, one of those in cell biology (although cell bio is not required for me since I'm a psych major and have already completed my science reqs.)

I know how slow AADSAS can be. Would it be beneficial or detrimental for ME to do the academic update??

7. beredsox2

beredsox2 The Anti Anti-Dentite
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm pretty sure you shouldn't update, because this will only lower your chances now. But certain d-schools might want updated grades and whatnot, and they will probably ask for you to send them your transcript directly anyways. As far as I am concerned, my realtionship with AADSAS is over.

8. savvysearch

savvysearch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know HOW to update? I deleted the "planned courses" session and put in a new "completed" session with grades. But shouldn't there be some type of FINAL submit button? It just seems to easy.

9. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ya, the words "easy" and "AADSAS" should never be spoken in the same sentance.

10. beredsox2

beredsox2 The Anti Anti-Dentite
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It's easy for me to say that AADSAS is a worthless middleman organization run by lazy slobs.

11. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :wow: Congrats! I have to say I'm impressed and I stand corrected! :laugh: