AADSAS grades question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bassman65

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if AADSAS send you a confirmation that they are sending out your updated grades after you turn in your fall '06 grades. I updated my grades and sent in my transcripts (and aadsas says they recieved them) but my official aadsas gpa's have never changed.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope they don't send you a confirmation but you can check on Aadsas and they will show a "revision mailed" date. Thats when they send it out but when you update your grades, school should have immediate electronic access to your file. As for your GPA not being change, maybe your transcript hasn't been verified yet? plus its kind of hard to change the gpa of 3 years with just one semester so there might not be that much of a difference. Mine went up .01 point :laugh:

This is kind of a random question regarding the AADSAS but rather than start a whole new thread, hopefully I could get some help here.

Is it a problem that I have already created an account on the AADSAS website even though I will not be filling out the application until the new one comes out in mid-May? I just wanted to see what it looked like so I could start preparing what I want to include in the application so I can complete it quicker. Will it automatically give me the new application to fill out as soon as it becomes available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I don't have an answer to you question...but i do have my own question.

Do the school consider your GPA with or without the quality points? And what exactly are the quality points?

does anyone know if AADSAS send you a confirmation that they are sending out your updated grades after you turn in your fall '06 grades. I updated my grades and sent in my transcripts (and aadsas says they recieved them) but my official aadsas gpa's have never changed.

I'm still waiting for my GPA to change so I can feel better about myself. :p But yeah, nothing yet.

This is kind of a random question regarding the AADSAS but rather than start a whole new thread, hopefully I could get some help here.

Is it a problem that I have already created an account on the AADSAS website even though I will not be filling out the application until the new one comes out in mid-May? I just wanted to see what it looked like so I could start preparing what I want to include in the application so I can complete it quicker. Will it automatically give me the new application to fill out as soon as it becomes available?

You don't automatically get anything. when the new one becomes available, just start it from scratch. there's nothing wrong with your having opened on this year. It doesn't affect anything since you haven't paid and are not an actual applicant other than having access to an application package. No worries.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to you question...but i do have my own question.

Do the school consider your GPA with or without the quality points? And what exactly are the quality points?

quality points are the number of credits multiplied by their grade value. you divide the quality points by the gpa to get your gpa.

the higher the quality points the better, but it's kind of indirect, so I don't think they use it all that much, if at all.

quality points are the number of credits multiplied by their grade value. you divide the quality points by the gpa to get your gpa.

the higher the quality points the better, but it's kind of indirect, so I don't think they use it all that much, if at all.

What does the "GPA w/o" column refer to on the AADSAS application? Do schools use this number for anything or just the regular "GPA"? Thank you.

What does the "GPA w/o" column refer to on the AADSAS application? Do schools use this number for anything or just the regular "GPA"? Thank you.

both.
they're both relevant, just calculated differently.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but how is the GPA w/o calculated?

it's your GPA calculated without pluses and minuses...so like all forms of A's are 4.0, B's 3.0, etc

The only problem will come when they restart the system and your account will be erased. It is good that you have filled stuff out, just print it off so when they reset the system you can just make a new account and fill in the new stuff. Better yet, copy and paste everything to word and transfer it back when you redo your account.

The only problem will come when they restart the system and your account will be erased. It is good that you have filled stuff out, just print it off so when they reset the system you can just make a new account and fill in the new stuff. Better yet, copy and paste everything to word and transfer it back when you redo your account.

Thanks Corolla.

So when the new application comes online I won't even be able to log into the account I made today, it will say it doesn't exist and I just make a new one?

When do they restart the system? May 15th? Mid March? Any ideas?

this current cycle opened may 16, 2006

yeah.. I know that... sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

I guess what I was asking was if anybody knew when the current AADSAS cycle's online access is no longer available?

Do they delete the database of the current cycle on May 15 to make room for the next cycle or do they delete it earlier than that?

isn't it kinda weird that if you're a science major, and get some bad science grades, your science GPA can suffer, which is the more important GPA the ADCOMS look at??

yeah.. I know that... sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

I guess what I was asking was if anybody knew when the current AADSAS cycle's online access is no longer available?

Do they delete the database of the current cycle on May 15 to make room for the next cycle or do they delete it earlier than that?

Last year the 2006 applications could be accessed into June/July. However, the AADSAS application for the 2007 cycle was the default logon to AADSAS. You'll need to bookmark the logon page for the current cycle or AADSAS may not make it obvious of how to logon to the old app. At some point in the summer AADSAS stops making the old app available. I'm not convinced they actually delete the old data, they just move it off the webpage and archive it somewhere. I called AADSAS in Sept '06 and they could access apps for 2006 and 2007.

Last year the 2006 applications could be accessed into June/July. However, the AADSAS application for the 2007 cycle was the default logon to AADSAS. You'll need to bookmark the logon page for the current cycle or AADSAS may not make it obvious of how to logon to the old app. At some point in the summer AADSAS stops making the old app available. I'm not convinced they actually delete the old data, they just move it off the webpage and archive it somewhere. I called AADSAS in Sept '06 and they could access apps for 2006 and 2007.

that's the answer to my question!! thanks so much! :thumbup: