AADSAS LOE Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya all,

I have two dentists writing letters of recommendation for me at the moment. One of the dentists has an actual name for his practice, while the other dentist's practice is simply his name (first middle last, dds). For the blank field "Evaluator's School/Institution/Business", would it be appropriate just to write - 'His name, DDS'? I'm guessing so because I can't think of anything else I would put in the field heh.

Another question, I have 50+ hours under the first dentist, who is my cousin that has graduated from the main university I'm applying to... is it worth it to get a LoE from him? I talked to the admissions staff and she said it's okay as long as he specifically states he is my cousin. I was going to go with his LoE only, but I figured I might as well get another from another dentist, even if I haven't shadowed with another as much as I have with my cousin. I have about 15 hours with the second dentist (will be getting more my DAT).

So yeah, thoughts? Would it be fine just to have his single LOE from my cousin, or include the second dentist as well.. OR just not even include my cousin's at all and solely include the second dentist's LoE? I feel like he knows me, but not as much as my cousin obviously. Also, I shadowed my cousin first so a lot of questions were answered by him before going to the second dentist (so we didn't interact as much either perhaps?)

Members don't see this ad.

see if the other doctor is enthusiastic about writing you one. if he is, it'll probably be good, and just go with that. if not, no shame in using your cousin's letter as plan B