AADSAS LoR and Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballrules

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on submitting my AADSAS like 1 week after it opens, so like around May 20th. I was wondering about LoRs and Transcripts. Do I tell my school to send them to AADSAS around early May, like May 1st, so they can arrive at about May 20th? I don't really know how AADSAS works. Do we submit after AADSAS receives LoRs and transcripts, or can we submit first, and send the LoR and transcripts. I just wanted to know how the order works and if AADSAS has to receive things before submitting. Thank you for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Your plan sounds good! The way the LOR's worked for me was that my committee letter people uploaded all my LOR's including the comm letter to AADSAS, they did all the LOR's as the committee letter. AADSAS just asks for the email for your advisor that can upload the files. I put my advisors email in there and he got an email from aadsas requesting the LORS and so he uploaded them b4 june 1st and they shipped out with my app.

If you don't want to do this you can typically ask you school to mail all the LOR's to each individual dental school. They always have the addresses, if not you can get them off of aadsas.

You can submit your aadsas without the LOR's being uploaded to aadsas.

I am planning on submitting my AADSAS like 1 week after it opens, so like around May 20th. I was wondering about LoRs and Transcripts. Do I tell my school to send them to AADSAS around early May, like May 1st, so they can arrive at about May 20th? I don't really know how AADSAS works. Do we submit after AADSAS receives LoRs and transcripts, or can we submit first, and send the LoR and transcripts. I just wanted to know how the order works and if AADSAS has to receive things before submitting. Thank you for the help.

You need to get the matching forms from your AADSAS account. You could have them send them without the matching forms but that might delay the processing time. I would have them write the recommendation before hand(like now) and have them send it when you give them the matching forms. So earliest you are going to have those matching forms created is on May 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean by matching forms? right now, I don't need to ask any more professors because I have 3 already. my school does not have a prehealth committee, but we do have a Careers Center that keeps our letterse in one file then sends them all out together. you said something about matching forms... do I need to give them to my professors again? i don't want to trouble them by making them re-rewrite the letter again because I'm not sure if they made copies of it or not. so my question is, how important are the matching forms? can i just tive them to my careers center and they can staple it to the original letter? thanks so much, i really don't understand the matching forms.

what do you mean by matching forms? right now, I don't need to ask any more professors because I have 3 already. my school does not have a prehealth committee, but we do have a Careers Center that keeps our letterse in one file then sends them all out together. you said something about matching forms... do I need to give them to my professors again? i don't want to trouble them by making them re-rewrite the letter again because I'm not sure if they made copies of it or not. so my question is, how important are the matching forms? can i just tive them to my careers center and they can staple it to the original letter? thanks so much, i really don't understand the matching forms.

When you fill out the recommender section in the AADSAS application. It generates a pdf file for each recommendation. You printout and partially fill out. Ask your recommenders to include that with their LOR when mailing them to AADSAS. The mailing address will be shown in the matching form for their convenience. Without taking a little time then to make the matching forms your LOR may get delayed days of weeks later on in the process, not to mention the hassle that you will have to give them the mailing address.

With the way you're doing it you will take your matching form to the Career Center, not to the individual letter writers. My LORs were done the same way. Also, if your school is like mine, they will want to send the letter file to each school individually (for a fee) instead of to AADSAS. That's fine for most schools, but a few require LORs be received through AADSAS only. My school refused to send to AADSAS so I had to call the few schools that required AADSAS LORs. All but UCSF ended up allowing me to send the file to them directly. My school had to change their policy in order to get my stuff to UCSF via AADSAS. It was pretty absurd b/c my school is a UC also, and I almost couldn't get admitted to UCSF due to policy issues.

you don't have to give the matching forms to your recommenders again. as long as you have all their info (address, phone number, etc), you can just print out the matching form, sign it and turn it in at the career center at your school and they'll attach it to your recommender's letter & send it to aadsas...that's how I did mine :)

i also gave the matching forms to the career center at my school.

i also had trouble with the "timing" of when to send the LORs and transcripts.

check out this thread. we talked a little more about the timing.........

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=504158

blankguy and i posted the exact dates of when AADSAS got our stuff. you can check it out and sort of gauge on when to send your stuff to AADSAS.

you said you dont know how AADSAS works? i would call them and talk with them to clear up any questions.

we can tell you our experiences but the 08 cycle might be a little different from the 09 cycle. you never know what new policies they will add.

i remember the 07 cycle they were not limited to only 4 LORs on AADSAS.