Quantcast

AADSAS LOR matching form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r0entgen

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
427
Reaction score
2
Hey guys,

I am a pre-dental student applying for the class of 2006. I was reading the AADSAS site and they say, "Print the Letter of Evaluation Matching Form in the AADSAS application, and ask your evaluators to attach the form to the front of the letters they provide."

Um...where is this form available? They say the application isnt available until Mid-May...so are they implying we're supposed to wait till MId-May to obtain this form, THEN ask our recommendations? Thanks for any advice!
 

Mr.E

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
227
Reaction score
1
r0entgen said:
Hey guys,

I am a pre-dental student applying for the class of 2006. I was reading the AADSAS site and they say, "Print the Letter of Evaluation Matching Form in the AADSAS application, and ask your evaluators to attach the form to the front of the letters they provide."

Um...where is this form available? They say the application isnt available until Mid-May...so are they implying we're supposed to wait till MId-May to obtain this form, THEN ask our recommendations? Thanks for any advice!


I've had the same concern about service and I think the answer is yes, they are going to make us wait till mid May.
 

r0entgen

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
427
Reaction score
2
Well, that seems a bit contradictory, because under their "tips" for applying for 2006, it tells us to get our recommendations early...but then they are telling us to attach this stupid form to them, which is available in mid-may??...

Have you tried calling theM? Because I have, and they aren't picking up...not a very good impression of them already...
 

Irene010

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
r0entgen said:
Well, that seems a bit contradictory, because under their "tips" for applying for 2006, it tells us to get our recommendations early...but then they are telling us to attach this stupid form to them, which is available in mid-may??...

Have you tried calling theM? Because I have, and they aren't picking up...not a very good impression of them already...

This seems to be causing a lot of confusion...its waaay to early in the cycle to get yourself all stressed out...don't panick, its not that bad. :)

Why don't you just go talk to your professors now...let them know that you'll be applying next month, and ask them whether they would be willing to write you a strong letter of recommendation. If they say yes, just let them know that the application materials will be available mid-may, and as soon as they become available, you'll drop by their office and bring over the materials. That way, they'll expect to have to send your letter out mid-may, when you bring over the matching form, etc to them.

Make sure that when you bring the matching form to your professor (mid-may), you also provide him/her with a large stamped envelope, already addressed to AADSAS. Not only is this polite, but you also make everything convenient for your professor...all he/she has to do is package up your letter and send it off. Therefore, you've really wasted no time. AADSAS won't start accepting all your application materials unti mid-may anyway (when the application becomes available online)...if you were planning on sending anything before then, you run the risk of them losing your stuff.

Don't worry...you've got this under control! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate! :) Good luck! :luck:
 

DIRTIE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
409
Reaction score
0
You don't need the matching forms.
Here is what I did and it worked just great, didn't get one letter mixed up the whole application process. Get a little resume/info sheet about yourself, everything that you have done, etc. Give this to your three professors, have them write the letters and seal them with their signatures signed across the seal. Collect them about May/June and send them in a big envelope together with your transcripts to AADSAS.
Hope this helps.
 

r0entgen

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
427
Reaction score
2
Thanks for everyone's replies! I think I'm just going to take the 2005 matching form, change the year to 2006, and give it over to them. I want to give my professors a month or so to write this...

Is it true that if we ask our pre-health advisory committee to write our LOR, we don't need to ask our science professors to write us one? That seems to be the case for the schools I am applying to...does anyone have any suggestions or comments?
 

Irene010

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
r0entgen said:
Thanks for everyone's replies! I think I'm just going to take the 2005 matching form, change the year to 2006, and give it over to them. I want to give my professors a month or so to write this...

Is it true that if we ask our pre-health advisory committee to write our LOR, we don't need to ask our science professors to write us one? That seems to be the case for the schools I am applying to...does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

If your school has a pre-health advisory committe, you should probably use it...my school dosen't have one, so I had to ask several professors for three individual letters.

Most dental schools, however, usually prefer to see letters from a pre-health advisory committe anyway, because that letter will be less biased than if you were to get letters from the three professors who you know love you and will write great things about you. If your pre-health advisory committe writes some positive things about you, it will go a long way.
 

r0entgen

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
427
Reaction score
2
Irene010 said:
If your school has a pre-health advisory committe, you should probably use it...my school dosen't have one, so I had to ask several professors for three individual letters.

Most dental schools, however, usually prefer to see letters from a pre-health advisory committe anyway, because that letter will be less biased than if you were to get letters from the three professors who you know love you and will write great things about you. If your pre-health advisory committe writes some positive things about you, it will go a long way.

Yeah, I have actually talked to one of the deans on the board at my school that will be writing our recommendations, and she told me this letter is only to help us. We had to answer a lot of questions, and go through an informal interview, so they already have a lot of "personal" information on us that they'll be writing in our recommendations. She said they won't be writing anything negative, so it's best that I don't HAVE to request recs from my science professors...that way, I can pick my recommenders freely.
 

mvs04

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
375
Reaction score
0
wow.. take it easy fellas... mid-may on is pretty darn early. Also you dont' need no matching form, just make your own and include the pertinent information. I just printed out a page with my name, Social and applicant number when I asked profs. for letters.
 
Top