aadsas-LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the instruction booklet for the 2005 application cycle (but applying for 2006) and it mentions that you cannot send more than 3 letter of evaluations/reccommendations to aadsas when applying. Since some universities require 2 sci prof. LORs, 1 non-sci, while some require one LOR from a dentist instead of the 1 non-sci; what should be sent then?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent four letters to AADSAS with no problem. They mailed all four out to my schools. I wonder if anyone has encountered a problem with mailing more than three.....

dWiz said:
I was looking at the instruction booklet for the 2005 application cycle (but applying for 2006) and it mentions that you cannot send more than 3 letter of evaluations/reccommendations to aadsas when applying. Since some universities require 2 sci prof. LORs, 1 non-sci, while some require one LOR from a dentist instead of the 1 non-sci; what should be sent then?

Find a non-science prof who's also a dentist :D.

Seriously, I'd recommend having the letters sent to each school individually and not through AADSAS, as it might save you a lot of trouble down the line. It would also solve this problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tzips said:

Seriously, I'd recommend having the letters sent to each school individually and not through AADSAS, as it might save you a lot of trouble down the line. It would also solve this problem.
My school had a program, where if you gave them your LORs, they would send them out individually to each school. It was really convenient and they let us send as many as we wanted.

Tzips said:

I second this.. Why give AADSAS the opportunity to screw up.

Also, check to see if your school has a pre-health professions office. They are the ones who handled my LORs as well the committee letter and moc interview.

dWiz said:

i had 4 sent in too, no delivery problems at all. if you apply early your LORS will most likely be delivered without problems, AADSAS stinks so they might mess up but if you avoid the rush you'll probably be all set... :cool:

Nendo21 said:
i had 4 sent in too, no delivery problems at all. if you apply early your LORS will most likely be delivered without problems, AADSAS stinks so they might mess up but if you avoid the rush you'll probably be all set... :cool:

Same situation with me...I also sent 4 and had no problems. I even called AADSAS the week before the letters were sent to them, and they even confirmed that there would be no problem sending 4. The lady I spoke to just told me that most people, on average, end up sending 3...but 3 is not the limit.

i will be applying for the the 2006 cycle and will be taking the DATs in about a month (i still have to register), my question is referring to the LOR for aadsas. Would these LOR be sufficient?
-one from genetics prof
-one from organic prof.
-one from dentist that i have working for, for 2 years
-one from research instructor (lab)
Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but when i send these LOR into aadsas, do they make copies to send to other schools or do they only send the original copy? I have heard that some skewls want the original copys only? Thanks.

DATslim said:
i will be applying for the the 2006 cycle and will be taking the DATs in about a month (i still have to register), my question is referring to the LOR for aadsas. Would these LOR be sufficient?
-one from genetics prof
-one from organic prof.
-one from dentist that i have working for, for 2 years
-one from research instructor (lab)
Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but when i send these LOR into aadsas, do they make copies to send to other schools or do they only send the original copy? I have heard that some skewls want the original copys only? Thanks.

Those LORs should be fine...I haven't heard of any schools that want only the original copy of the LOR, at least not the schools that take AADSAS applications. I could definetly be wrong...you may want to call up some of the schools in question, and find out to be on the safe side. Generally, you provide the person writing the LOR with a stamped envelope, addressed to AADSAS, along with the cover letter that you print off of the AADSAS website. The faculty member/dentist then sends one copy of the LOR to AADSAS, and then AADSAS makes a copies and sends a copy to each dental school that you request. Good luck! :luck:

Irene010 said:
Those LORs should be fine...I haven't heard of any schools that want only the original copy of the LOR, at least not the schools that take AADSAS applications. I could definetly be wrong...you may want to call up some of the schools in question, and find out to be on the safe side. Generally, you provide the person writing the LOR with a stamped envelope, addressed to AADSAS, along with the cover letter that you print off of the AADSAS website. The faculty member/dentist then sends one copy of the LOR to AADSAS, and then AADSAS makes a copies and sends a copy to each dental school that you request. Good luck! :luck:

in case you decide to send the LORS to each school directly that is when the letters need to be original and the envelopes need to be sealed otherwise if you are sending the LOR's through aadsas they will copy them and send them to each school...

Nendo21 said:
in case you decide to send the LORS to each school directly that is when the letters need to be original and the envelopes need to be sealed otherwise if you are sending the LOR's through aadsas they will copy them and send them to each school...

no i will be sending all them via aadsas. also, is it possible to tell aadsas ware you want certain letters to go? like if u send them 6 letters and u want a certain 3 to go to X skewl and u want a certain other 3 to go to A skewl? r u able to request that?

You have been very helpful with my other question. thanks alot Nendo21.

DATslim said:
no i will be sending all them via aadsas. also, is it possible to tell aadsas ware you want certain letters to go? like if u send them 6 letters and u want a certain 3 to go to X skewl and u want a certain other 3 to go to A skewl? r u able to request that?

You have been very helpful with my other question. thanks alot Nendo21.

it's funny but with aadsas you pay them a lot for them to do minimal work and they can be pretty inefficient at times, they really don't do any extra stuff for you if you send them 6 LORs they will send them to all the schools you are applying to, so if someone wrote you a LOR for a specific school you should have the person send it directly to that school do not have them send it to aadsas.

np. you're welcome! :)