AADSAS Lost my Transcript....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hamtaur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the receipt from one my school dated July 30.....At this point, I think I'm completely screwed.

I spent so much of my hard-earned money to apply this cycle and my feelings of frustration and anger are unspeakable. I don't know what to do at this point; everyone I know has gotten interviews and I feel like it's too late in the cycle for me to have a chance.

Is there anything I can do?

Members don't see this ad.

Well you can start by checking if the mailing address was correct. Then you should probably sit down and think why you didn't check on the transcript earlier (since its been 10 weeks since you sent the transcript). Then you can try to resend the transcript because spring semester interviews still occur and if your score and gpa are good enough you still could have a chance.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a receipt of confirmation. It's 2014; electronic receipts and confirmations should have assured that everything was kosher was on my end; why would I have had to have worried?

Sarcasm aside, I've learned that despite shelling out thousands this year, the system isn't really up to par with a lot of other application systems I've used. Their mistake, my suffering.

Thanks for the comfort and assurance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I'm confused. Did you get a mail out date from aadsas just to find out they never mailed anything? How are you just finding out now that your app isn't complete?

Either way I'm so sorry that happened to you. Send everything in and then perhaps contact the schools and let them know what happened? You never know they could be empathetic.

Oh wow, so aadsas provided the receipt. I thought your school provides the receipt. But that is definitely their fault. And if you don't get accepted this year, if you still plan on submitting your application, if they don't want to work with you (reduced application price, or completely free application next year), then I'd suggest raising a court case. A lot of people say it, but honestly if your scores and GPA are up to par (18 or higher and 3.0 and higher, preferably not having both so low) then I would go ahead and sue them. I'm only 21 but one year of my life is valuable to me, and that's one year that I could've had to start a family, earn a salary, and live my life. One year may seem short but it isn't. I'd definitely be upset over it.

The same thing happened to me. I requested my school registrar to express mail my transcript to aadsas, the tracking shown that it have been received and signed for. 3 weeks later I checked aadsas and saw that my grades aren't uploaded, so I called them and check only to find out that they have lost my transcript. They admitted that they are at fault but refused to refund me or to actually fix my problem. It's a good thing I caught on early and was able to mail them another transcript, still I lost a good deal of time over the whole screw up.

My condolences.

Maybe you can call up the schools you're applying to and explain your situation. From what aadsas told me, it's submission date that count, and not the mail out date. Just explain to them what happen and see if they can wait for your transcript or if they accept transcript from your school or something.

Thanks to everyone who provided helpful advice, I can only do my best. Everything else is out of my control. I will be calling my schools Monday. Best wishes to everyone.

I wish you good luck!

6c5f3f9120c8323e5bd1c0bfe5d0f9ae67449da6b7272ae8073291a32708f570.jpg

That's bull

I know it's not what you want to hear, but if you end up in the next cycle you'll have a lot of cheerleaders here including myself applying along with you.

Good luck

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

Unfortunately, you should always double check and triple for life changing experiences such as this. I didnt stop calling the schools and AADSAS until they have confirmed that they have every single thing they needed in their hands. As much as I would like to believe that AADSAS and the schools would get everything right based on the thousands of dollars I have poured into the process, nobody is perfect. As long as this process has a human touch to it, there will always be a degree of error. And I wasnt about to let that chance, however small it may be, ruin my year.

However, you are not screwed. I am sure some schools will understand your position and might even overlook it and consider you as a pre-dec applicant. Just know that others may see this as incompetence.

tl;dr Do not trust anyone to do the job right, except yourself.

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

Unfortunately, you should always double check and triple for life changing experiences such as this. I didnt stop calling the schools and AADSAS until they have confirmed that they have every single thing they needed in their hands. As much as I would like to believe that AADSAS and the schools would get everything right based on the thousands of dollars I have poured into the process, nobody is perfect. As long as this process has a human touch to it, there will always be a degree of error. And I wasnt about to let that chance, however small it may be, ruin my year.

However, you are not screwed. I am sure some schools will understand your position and might even overlook it and consider you as a pre-dec applicant. Just know that others may see this as incompetence.

tl;dr Do not trust anyone to do the job right, except yourself.

I definitely don't trust myself. But damn OPs situation made me feel sick.

My situation wasn't anywhere close to yours (which I'm very sorry to hear about), but in regards to AADSAS goofing with transcripts - I had mine sent the day the application opened up. I noticed they weren't marked as arrived yet on my portal and thought I would give it a few days and try to be patient, or whatever they call it. THEN I saw that the first batch was sent out (note that I have already e-submitted at this point, weeks before), so I called and inquired about my transcripts. Woman on the phone says, "Lemme check...oh I guess we did receive your transcripts, we'll go ahead and add that to your app so it can be sent out". WHAT? so it arrived and then was just sitting there unnoticed?!? Now I'm a second batch applicant, which I understand isn't much to complain about, but I'm lucky that I caught it when I did. Unfortunately, they are a needed middle man that just can't handle the responsibility.