AADSAS "lower vs upper division classes"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoangelxo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the AADSAS application, where we enter in all of our coursework and have to designate each class as lower or upper division course level, what is the distinguishing factor? Are all 100s and 200s lower and 300 and above upper? Thanks.
Also, what did you guys enter for a class like biochemistry for the course subject..its both bio and chem, so would it be "other science"? Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I used the 200/300 criteria. Chemistry is under the chemistry dept at my school so I used that...

100/200 = lower
300/400 = upper

For biochem, designate it as whichever department it is under at your school. Biochem is in the chem dept at my school so I designated it as chem.

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be mistaken, but I am nearly 100% positive that there is a help link for each item on the entire application...including one that explains what is considered upper lvl and lower lvl

I hate these questions on what is considered Upper division vs Lower Division.

you should know! You've gone to school for how many years already, it depends on what school you go to as to how courses are numbered.

Lower Division - typical classes you take your Freshmen and Sophomore years
Upper Division - typical classes you take your Junior and Senior years

If you are a Jr. or Sr. and take a class for a freshmen it is STILL A LOWER DIVISION class not a Upper division class.

look it up in your school handbook to what is defined as upper division or lower division.