AADSAS opens May 15 & Submission is June 1??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

informatique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to a pre-dental meeting at my school awhile ago and the main pre-health advisor came to speak with us about the 2009 application cycle. He told us that AADSAS opens on May 15th, but the actual date that you can start submitting your application is June 1st? On the other hand, some other people are telling me that I can submit on May 15th?

Can someone please provide some clarification as to the actual submission date?

Members don't see this ad.

The opening day for students to apply for the upcoming cycle is May 15th. The reason why your advisor said to apply June 1st is that AADSAS tends to have a few glitches the first couple of weeks it is open. Therefore, most people wait till about beginning of June to send their apps in. Hope that helps! Good Luck!

The way I thought it went was that it opens May 15th, and you can submit it May 15th but they do not start processing the applications until June 1st. I could be wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an advantage submitting before June 1st? If we submit exactly on June 1st and work on the apps for about 15 days, will we still be in the first mailing batches? Thanks!

You can submit it just as soon as you complete it. The applications are processed in the order they are received and completed (transcripts verified). Therefore, all the predents who submit theirs before June 1st potentially will have them mailed out sooner. You can wait until June 1st but you most likely won't be part of the first mailing. Which probably doesn't matter that much, just as long as your in the first 5 your good for an early interview. I submitted May 15th and all my interviews were months before Decmeber 1st. I recommend submitting the app as soo as possible. Good luck!