AADSAS personal statement prob

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AADSAS made me cut my personal statement down sooooo much...it was 925 words...and now must be around 750...sheesh....anyone else hate this?

Members don't see this ad.

same thing happened to me, i had to do some serious cutting...sucks

dexadental said:
AADSAS made me cut my personal statement down sooooo much...it was 925 words...and now must be around 750...sheesh....anyone else hate this?

no, my personal statement was only 300 words :) 2 paragraphs baby!

Members don't see this ad :)
what did u write about? just wondering?

i feel like i can write my personal statement in three paragraphs.

My personal statement was 670 words. It seemed to take it fine, but I guess I really just lucked out.

wow MSZ, .... GREAT stats.... how did you stay as a bio and chem major with almost a 4.0???

I guess from last year they realized there way more applicants to choose from so the admission comittee probably told them the hell with all that writing we dun want to read all that bs so shorten it.

Tooth Fixer said:
I guess from last year they realized there way more applicants to choose from so the admission comittee probably told them the hell with all that writing we dun want to read all that bs so shorten it.

yeah no kidding! I was told to keep mine concise. My first paragraph was: how my ****ty GPA doesn't mean that I'm goign to be a ****ty dentist because x x x. Second paragraph was: I'm better than the other peons applying because x x x.

short, sweet, to the point is always best. AACOMs aren't going to sit there and meticulously read every statement.

mvs04 said:
yeah no kidding! I was told to keep mine concise. My first paragraph was: how my ****ty GPA doesn't mean that I'm goign to be a ****ty dentist because x x x. Second paragraph was: I'm better than the other peons applying because x x x.

short, sweet, to the point is always best. AACOMs aren't going to sit there and meticulously read every statement.

mvs - my ps is very similar to yours - i like your style bud

Thanks Comet :). I don't have an answer to your question though. I tried to balance out every term academically, but I guess most of it boiled down to hard work.

MSZ said:
Thanks Comet :). I don't have an answer to your question though. I tried to balance out every term academically, but I guess most of it boiled down to hard work.

nice work

ianwright said:
nice work

way to go buddy, 55 posts on the first day that you joined SDN!!
you are officially an SDN addict!

Comet208 said:
way to go buddy, 55 posts on the first day that you joined SDN!!
you are officially an SDN addict!

there is actually another website for SDN addicts like myself - its called SDN annonymous. The first step is admition:

My name is Ian Wright, and I am an SDN addict.

It's basically a seven step program.

WISH ME LUCK!!! :)

ianwright said:
My name is Ian Wright, and I am an SDN addict.

and why are you on probation??