AADSAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkayz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when I discovered that I was interested in dentistry I was working as a receptionist at a dental office. After working the front desk for about 8 months I had the opportunity to get x-ray certified and immediately switched positions to become a dental assistant. In my application I've separated the two since they are different jobs but am unsure what category to put them under. I've put dental assistant under Dentistry experience, but I'm not sure where to put my receptionist work. Should it just go under work experience or should it be added to Dentistry experience, since technically it is dental experience, just with the business side of things? Or should I just group the two together since it was for the same company?

Thanks guys, any input is appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

So when I discovered that I was interested in dentistry I was working as a receptionist at a dental office. After working the front desk for about 8 months I had the opportunity to get x-ray certified and immediately switched positions to become a dental assistant. In my application I've separated the two since they are different jobs but am unsure what category to put them under. I've put dental assistant under Dentistry experience, but I'm not sure where to put my receptionist work. Should it just go under work experience or should it be added to Dentistry experience, since technically it is dental experience, just with the business side of things? Or should I just group the two together since it was for the same company?

Thanks guys, any input is appreciated :)
I would put it under Dental Experience, select "employment" for position type. Separate from the assisting, with a different position title, job description, date range, etc.

Thanks for the input! I originally just had it under employment but I switched it to dentistry experience. I'm sure they'll get the idea lol