AADSAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i apply on May 17th, which is the first day i can apply for 2005 cycle, when do i need to request registar and reference service at my school to send letters of recommendations and transcrips to AADSAS? If i request too early and if they receive my files before May 17th, will AADSAS center disregard my file or think of my files as for 2004 cycle?? thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

AADSAS will create a folder for you even if you haven't created a profile online...so you can send the info in now. In fact you should start getting that stuff in right away because sometimes it takes AADSAS a few weeks just to get to it. Just make sure the Matching Forms are included. That's how they'll track you for now. Also, you can always call them directly to make sure they have everything that you sent them. It's probably a good idea to do that before you submit.

FYI, the 2004 registration cycle is over, so it's unlikely that they'll mix your stuff with 2004 applicants.

t12kim said:
If i apply on May 17th, which is the first day i can apply for 2005 cycle, when do i need to request registar and reference service at my school to send letters of recommendations and transcrips to AADSAS? If i request too early and if they receive my files before May 17th, will AADSAS center disregard my file or think of my files as for 2004 cycle?? thanks guys!
Like HBomb888 said, get your things together now for the next cycle. I know it will take a week or so to get the Evaluation letters from your professors, and since you need 2/3 references - you never know how long that might take, so get it done soon.

You can request you transcripts from your registar's office with a same-day service (you pick it up from them), and then you can mail out all your transcripts and evaluation letters (if the professor is ok with it) + AADSAS application, in a one BIG envelope on May 17, 2004 - with a priority/registered mail, which is next day service before noon (May 18th 2004). Don't mail anything sooner, I think AADSAS suggests that somewhere on their website.

Good Luck

Be sure to follow up with AADSAS to make sure they have received your letters. Assume nothing......

My .02 worth.