AADSAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATslim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i heard that AADSAS doesnt accept C-'s on official transcripts when u apply, is that true? But what if ur college accepts it towards the major? I have a C- in gen chem 2, does this mean i have to take chem 2 over again??? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

DATslim said:
i heard that AADSAS doesnt accept C-'s on official transcripts when u apply, is that true? But what if ur college accepts it towards the major? I have a C- in gen chem 2, does this mean i have to take chem 2 over again??? :scared:

i dont know if you'd have to retake the class for aadsas but from my knowledge no schools accept anything below a C on required course work. good luck with retaking that class it;s a beast... :eek:

but if ur college doesnt allow you to retake a class unless you got less than C-? if i were to retake the class and do better, they would not keep the higher grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
DATslim said:

Having a C on your transcript is fine. Having more than 1 or 2 won't help you get accepted though.

DATslim said:

AADSAS is nothing more than an application/information clearing house; they don't pass judgement or make any recommendations to schools. AADSAS will document everything that you imput into the application and they will not reject your application if you have a C- or lower on any course as those grades will be factored in along with all of the other ones on your transcript. However, it is up to each individual school as to what is acceptable and they (a school) might request that you retake a course, but not AADSAS.

Sprgrover said:
AADSAS is nothing more than an application/information clearing house; they don't pass judgement or make any recommendations to schools. AADSAS will document everything that you imput into the application and they will not reject your application if you have a C- or lower on any course as those grades will be factored in along with all of the other ones on your transcript. However, it is up to each individual school as to what is acceptable and they (a school) might request that you retake a course, but not AADSAS.

Listen to him. He's exactly right.

DATslim said:

I concur with what has been said. AADSAS will accept whatever you put into it. I have a couple of C's on my transcript (admittedly for a required science class) and I got into Dental School.

hey thanks okazaki and sprgrover...i know i can count on u guys for a straight up, informative answer...thanks
yea i just got nervous, iv been stressed my spring break studyin for the DATs and just about everything else has gone through my head. thanks guys, much appreciated.