AADSAS questions to get a head start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pizzaeater039

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the free response questions for AADSAS and the character limits are?

I know the personal statement is the big one with 4500 characters. I also know there are the descriptions for each activity which have a 600 character limit.

Are there any other questions? I know there used to be one with hand skills but is it still there?

Members don't see this ad.

Just took a gander at my app from this previous cycle for ya. The manual dexterity prompt is the only one that applies to all applicants. The others only apply to certain applicants.

There is a 600 character manual dexterity prompt. "Describe any activities requiring manual dexterity (e.g. activities requiring hand-eye coordination such as cross-stitching, sewing, art, crafts, playing musical instruments, auto repair, etc.) at which you are proficient."

One question that may or may not be applicable, is the "provide any information about your background that can help clarify your disadvantaged status". This is a 4500 character prompt. Another in this category is "description of childhood residency" 600 characters.

There are prompts if you had an educational interruption (1000 characters), a re-applicant "what schools did you apply to" (600 characters", and a re-applicant "what has changed since your last application (1000 characters).

Reactions: 1 user