• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

AADSAS Questions

ddsdreamero913

7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2013
  1. Pre-Dental
    Thought I'd start an AADSAS question group since the others aren't very useful.

I have a few questions:

What is everyone putting for Academic Enrichment Programs?

What does everyone consider the best schools for a low GPA applicant to apply to? How many applications should be sent out maximum?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

UltimateHombre

Doc Holliday D.D.S.
    7+ Year Member
    May 10, 2010
    1. Dental Student
      Thought I'd start an AADSAS question group since the others aren't very useful.

I have a few questions:

What is everyone putting for Academic Enrichment Programs?

What does everyone consider the best schools for a low GPA applicant to apply to? How many applications should be sent out maximum?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In the future, please use the search function. You could find both of these very easily with a search.

Academic Enrichment means a lot of things and it is kind of at your discretion as what to put here. Some things that include might be: x-ray course, CPR certification, EMT certification, pre-dental simulation courses, OSHA/HIPPA certification, studying abroad, could go here. I have even known non--trad applicants who put real estate or financial certifications here.

Could be any kind of academic experiences that are not related to school.

As far as schools go... check out the excel and word files in these two threads:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=992010
      http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=942453

In the future, please use the search function. You could find both of these very easily with a search.

Academic Enrichment means a lot of things and it is kind of at your discretion as what to put here. Some things that include might be: x-ray course, CPR certification, EMT certification, pre-dental simulation courses, OSHA/HIPPA certification, studying abroad, could go here. I have even known non--trad applicants who put real estate or financial certifications here.

As far as schools go... check out the excel and word files in these two threads:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=992010
      http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=942453

Does it have to be a legit classes?

Or can it be something like learning from a small academic institute that teach some techniques?

About the Ads

Thanks for answering this question even though it can easily be searched, Ultimate Hombre!

Do you know whether there is a limit to the number of academic enrichment things you can put? AADSAS doesn't give a max # for this like it does in other categories. :)

ddsdreamero913

7+ Year Member
      Mar 18, 2013
      1. Pre-Dental
        I have heard that there is not a limit to the number of Academic Enrichment entries. I'd imagine it would prevent you from saving it if you tried to enter too many, like it does when you enter too many characters.

Longcatislong

7+ Year Member
        Oct 22, 2010
        1. Dental Student
          Is attending a simulation course at dental school considered an academic enrichment activitiy?

I went to UoP's pre-dental simulation course last year and am attending Midwestern's next week. Not sure where to put these courses on the AADSAS app.

ddsdreamero913

7+ Year Member
          Mar 18, 2013
          1. Pre-Dental
            I took a dental assisting course through a college Health Science Center to apply to be a registered dental assistant. Should I insert this into my Colleges Attended? I didn't actually have to apply to the school or be accepted, I just signed up and paid to take the course. I don't know if I should add this under Colleges Attended, because the college health science center does show up under the list of colleges.

Should I include future service projects on there or just completed?

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.