AADSAS screwed me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naj118

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm a psychology/biology double major and I filled out my course load thus far, I have a Neuroscience class, and biology of the body system under fear and stress class I took offered from the Psychology department.......all the students were premed/pre health for both, and needed bio prereqs back, HOWEVER AADSAS told me they can not accept the courses as any sciences bc they are offered from the Psychology department and have PSY headings. I sort of see their point, but the class was a science trust me, lol I am pretty sure I took the class and would know. I went so far as talking to the manager of AADSAS and they screwed me over, now my science GPA blows and my non science is extremely high, so obviously there is something awry overall. I am pissed off that I took the courses and worked so hard, and they don't even count towards what I needed them for. Now I am really in bad shape cause my science GPA blows(or looks like it for that matter) although it really isn't that bad, and I'll prob get cut off. Crap.......oh well guys, I hope I just get one chance somewhere.......thats all I want. Bummer for me..

Members don't see this ad.

naj118 said:
Ok so I'm a psychology/biology double major and I filled out my course load thus far, I have a Neuroscience class, and biology of the body system under fear and stress class I took offered from the Psychology department.......all the students were premed/pre health for both, and needed bio prereqs back, HOWEVER AADSAS told me they can not accept the courses as any sciences bc they are offered from the Psychology department and have PSY headings. I sort of see their point, but the class was a science trust me, lol I am pretty sure I took the class and would know. I went so far as talking to the manager of AADSAS and they screwed me over, now my science GPA blows and my non science is extremely high, so obviously there is something awry overall. I am pissed off that I took the courses and worked so hard, and they don't even count towards what I needed them for. Now I am really in bad shape cause my science GPA blows(or looks like it for that matter) although it really isn't that bad, and I'll prob get cut off. Crap.......oh well guys, I hope I just get one chance somewhere.......thats all I want. Bummer for me..

What were the official course designations for the two classes from your transcript?

relax... the science/nonscience designation of 2 classes won't make/break your application.
you've either got the goods to get into dental school or you don't... don't sweat AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
syn_apse said:
relax... the science/nonscience designation of 2 classes won't make/break your application.
you've either got the goods to get into dental school or you don't... don't sweat AADSAS

I agree, unless you are first or second year, two classes won't affect you too much. I mean the GPAs are factored in with the credit hours to come up with an overall GPA (sciences/non-sciences/cumulative). They are also included in you non-sciences which means it is calculated in you cumulative GPA which is what's most important IMO.

dude I am also Neuroscience major
I took two classes from Neuroscience damn it neurobio 1 beurobio 2 :love:
I hope it counts towrds science...
it is under zoology/physiology/psychology deparment
would it be counted as science.

That's strange - if you read the AADSAS application instructions, in the coursework section they said that even though a class is in a "non-science" department, if the actual course was very science-oriented (eg. neuroscience or psychobiology), you can still designate it as a "other science" course. I took a psychobiology lab in the Psych department that was all bio/neuro, so I put it as a science class, and AADSAS was fine with that.