aadsas screwed up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koochooloo

SugarNaCl's bestest bud!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hahah ok now on my aadsas the update "offer made" for vcu is gone...i guess they found out they accidentally posted the decisions early and just took them down

Members don't see this ad.

yea, there was only a few who got the update on addsas, you were one of the exceptions

Still, must be nice to know your future one day early

Members don't see this ad :)
This happens every year. It isn't AADSAS themselves though. The schools have access to the AADSAS website where the individual school updates the status. VCU messed up in this case. They probably did it on purpose though.

It has been known to be a mistake though too. AADSAS as we all know isn't rock solid and sometimes the schools make mistakes. Some people from last year had the same thing happen and they ended up being denied. Hopefully in your case you are one of the luckier ones.

:D

This happens every year. It isn't AADSAS themselves though. The schools have access to the AADSAS website where the individual school updates the status. VCU messed up in this case. They probably did it on purpose though.

It has been known to be a mistake though too. AADSAS as we all know isn't rock solid and sometimes the schools make mistakes. Some people from last year had the same thing happen and they ended up being denied. Hopefully in your case you are one of the luckier ones.

yea i called them and talked to the dean just to make sure...i just thought it was aadsas's fault cuz he said he submitted his decisions to them and they agreed not to put it up til tomorrow and was confused why they were up today..maybe he did it and didn't realize it haha...thanks tho!

okay, that would SUCK :thumbdown:

to those of you that had an offer made from other schools, is it down also?

Some people from last year had the same thing happen and they ended up being denied. Hopefully in your case you are one of the luckier ones.

So if my status went from "invited for interview" to "application complete" to being completely blank, I still have a chance? Are those updates done in bulk, or on an individual basis?

:oops: Sorry i couldn't tell you. It most likely depends on the school and I would assume it is done in bulk (except for maybe acceptances...).

Maybe some schools send out info to AADSAS and they update it. Some schools can do it directly.

Here's an email I got directly from the ADEA:

Thank you for contacting AADSAS Customer Service regarding your inquiry. The answer to your question is posted below:

*The information that is reported within the “Status at Designated Schools” section is for the schools to report the information regarding your application status; AADSAS does not report information within that section. If you need to obtain information regarding your application status (post-AADSAS processing), we suggest that you contact the dental schools directly.

We thank you for allowing us to assist you during the application process and wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors.

Here's an email I got directly from the ADEA:

Thank you for contacting AADSAS Customer Service regarding your inquiry. The answer to your question is posted below:

*The information that is reported within the “Status at Designated Schools” section is for the schools to report the information regarding your application status; AADSAS does not report information within that section. If you need to obtain information regarding your application status (post-AADSAS processing), we suggest that you contact the dental schools directly.

We thank you for allowing us to assist you during the application process and wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors.

interesting....oh well who knows!

Oh geez... I should have kept my mouth shut until I received a letter in the mail. I found out about the AADSAS error when I went to show my husband that I was accepted. It was blank. Now I'm even more concerned than before...yikes!