1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Aadsas umdnj!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Plopper, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    love it!! just checked aadsas, got into umdnj!

anyone else?? anyone 100% attending, i did like the school, but i have a few choices....ahh so many nice schools!

UMDNJ!!

2. jdent

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    checked aadsas says offer made- if that means accepted hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NyCzPeter

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    WOOTTT UMDNJ OFFER MADE!!!!!! Feels good. For all those still waiting, Hang in TIGHT!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    u 2 planning on going, or wait and see where else you get in...ps i really liked it there, it's between UMDNJ and Nova so far

5. rewJW

rewJW surviving
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    UMDNJ via AADSAS for me as well! I've interviewed at NJ, Stony Brook, and NYU and of the three Stony is my top choice, but I really enjoyed NJ as well and if I end up getting rejected from Stony Brook and attending NJ, I won't be disappointed. The school was fantastic, I just don't like Newark and kind of want to get out of New Jersey after living here for 22 years. But I also have to wait and see what is going to be the better, more responsible choice for myself ... not going to worry about that until I have gone to Temple and Buffalo this week and see the outcomes of those interviews.

6. OP
    OP
    Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ya, i liked it, except Newark...uggh

7. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    plopper gettin into everything huh

8. DiNoZeRo2o9

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Out of curiosity, what is so bad about Newark?

9. OP
    OP
    Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    well nothing is BAD about newark, but is an unsafe area to live in, especially if you walk outside at night. other than that it is a fantastic school. upside is quite the diversity of patients though.

10. dent2009

dent2009 YEEE BOI
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    have you lived in newark or is this based off of hearsay?

11. OP
    OP
    Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    no i have not lived in newark, but i have family that lives in new jersey, and they have all told me be careful at night. It's a city after all!

fantastic program though, i really loved it there, and the students and the faculty were just soo nice...i'm so conflicted on where to go. Did you get in?

12. stillmatic

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    MY AADSAS says receieved/under review still for some reason. I was in the 7-year program but I am still supposed to send in an AADSAS application as a formality. Maybe they handle people who did interviews recently first because I submitted my AASDAS and everything in Sept. Hmmmmmmm. I should call and hope I get in touch with admissions right??

13. Selso2109

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I will be attending UMDNJ, I love the faculty there and the school itself is top notch. As far as Newark is concerned, if safety is an issue, if you decide to live in the campus housing, that building is connected to the dental school by a tunnel that can only be accessed through guarded areas, so you don't even have to go along the street if you choose not to (this is also good to use in bad weather). If you are commuting in, UMDNJ has guarded parking garages. I spent two weeks there for an internship and I went through the surrounding areas (1 block surrounding the school) and no one ever bothered me. As long as you mind your own business and don't go out alone at night on the street, I don't think you will have any problems.

The city of Newark provides UMDNJ with a very large and diverse patient base, and I am pretty excited about that.

Congrats on getting in!

14. OP
    OP
    Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    newark is for patient basis an ideal location for a dental school.

ahh, i'm so conflicted on where to go!

15. Dental0019

5+ Year Member

Congrats to all who got in!

I got rejected unfortunately :(. I think they were more focused on regional applicants and not those from the midwest as they probably know from historical nubmers that retention is higher for those who live close by. I thought I would be good and competitive with DATs of AA 22, TS 23 PAT 20, and GPA of 3.65-3.7 :(, I think that applying later and being out of state and region affected me the most.

I will continue to wait till I hear my calling! :)

Congrats to All who got in! Also Im glad that they updated Aadsas I wish everyone else would as well!!