AADSAS update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtxxxang3l

PaTieNTLy WaiTinG
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you receive an email regarding Academic Update (AU) from AADSAS? Is it mandatory that we update the coursework section? I didn't do too well this quarter :( , so I'm reluctant to do so.

Members don't see this ad.

how bad did u do?

swtxxxang3l said:
Did any of you receive an email regarding Academic Update (AU) from AADSAS? Is it mandatory that we update the coursework section? I didn't do too well this quarter :( , so I'm reluctant to do so.
Yes, I got the same e-mail. You don't have to update if you don't want to. If it's going to hurt your chances obviously don't update.

Members don't see this ad :)
oldboy said:
how bad did u do?

Bad... got a C. I was totally unable to concentrate while I was waiting and waiting and waiting for schools to respond. :( Well, on top of the fact that I procrastinated in my studies.

Dental schools are going to see those grades eventually, whether or not you update now through AADSAS. If you are given an acceptance anywhere it will be contingent on them seeing your final transcript and you maintaining a certain level of performance in your coursework.

adr12 said:
Dental schools are going to see those grades eventually, whether or not you update now through AADSAS. If you are given an acceptance anywhere it will be contingent on them seeing your final transcript and you maintaining a certain level of performance in your coursework.

I know we will have to submit our final transcripts to the school. However, from my limited understanding, once accepted, we only have to pass the courses. No?

swtxxxang3l said:
I know we will have to submit our final transcripts to the school. However, from my limited understanding, once accepted, we only have to pass the courses. No?
I don't believe so. It varies from school to school, but my letter from Creighton said I am required to maintain a level of performance consistent with my current level of performance. I've heard that basically means at least a C in coursework. It seems that most people on SDN, myself included, are planning on making at least a B average to be safe. If you have questions about a particular school you could always call or e-mail them.

adr12 said:
I don't believe so. It varies from school to school, but my letter from Creighton said I am required to maintain a level of performance consistent with my current level of performance. I've heard that basically means at least a C in coursework. It seems that most people on SDN, myself included, are planning on making at least a B average to be safe. If you have questions about a particular school you could always call or e-mail them.
Thats funny. I got the same wording in my acceptance letter. I absolutely bombed all my classes this semester and got straight C's.

who cares, I am in. I just bought a home near the school, if they didnt let me in I could get a lawyer because someone would owe me some $$$.

Hot pickle baby said:
Thats funny. I got the same wording in my acceptance letter. I absolutely bombed all my classes this semester and got straight C's.

who cares, I am in. I just bought a home near the school, if they didnt let me in I could get a lawyer because someone would owe me some $$$.
Are you serious? Well, I kind of slacked off too. Might get a few A's, but one course is totally kicking my butt. I might get a C, but I procastinated and looks like I will get it. I am taking the final tuesday tho, so a few hours to cram one semester worth of material :D

How long do we have to make changes in the 'coursework' section?

(My school won't be able to give them out till Jan. 2nd) :scared:

i have the opposite problem: i graduated last year but i took 2 science classes this semester to boost my gpa, so i need the D schools to see these grades to improve my chances. i am sending out my app this week, so should i add the courses as a "completed session" or "in progress"? (i won't have an official grade report for at least a week or 2, but i got my final grades from the professors already)

Members don't see this ad :)
First, call ur professors and ask them ur grade {if u know what u got, then great!}. Add it to ur "completed section". Then, delete that session from ur "in progress" section. :cool:

np, glad to help :cool:

I have a question about this, too....can we just send them our transcripts, or do we HAVE to update AADSAS? I was SO happy to take the shortcut off my desktop! :(

And for the people who want schools to see grades as soon as possible...you could just write the schools and list them, since otherwise it might seem like you're trying to cheat the system and not do things officially. If your school prints "degree progress reports" or unofficial transcripts, you could send those. But I'd wait until you can send them an official one. I'm in the same boat, so that's what I'm doing! (And of course, anything I do is the right thing! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

I'mFillingFine said:
I'm in the same boat, so that's what I'm doing! (And of course, anything I do is the right thing! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

u must be female ;)

how do we update our grades on aadsas? are we supposed to delete our "in progress/planned" sessions and "add completed sessions"? How much time do we have to send AADSAS our official transcripts and updated grades? If we send them to AADSAS, are we also supposed to send them to the individual schools that require updated transcripts, or does AADSAS take care of that? Thanks a lot.

Frequently Asked Questions - Academic Update

Q: What is the Academic Update?

A: From December 15, 2005 to February 3, 2006, AADSAS opens your application to permit you to update information you provided in your initial application in the "Planned-In Progress" coursework section. During this time period, you may provide AADSAS with grades earned, enter changes in coursework that have occurred, or make changes in your upcoming coursework. After entering this data and submitting it to AADSAS, you must also submit an official transcript reflecting the new data entered. AADSAS will verify your reported information and send an updated application to your designated schools in both electronic and paper format.

Q: Is it mandatory that I participate in the Academic Update?

A: No, it is not mandatory to participate in the Academic Update. The update is simply an opportunity for you to provide your designated schools with the most up-to-date information about your coursework. It is your option to participate.

Q: How much does the Academic Update cost?

A: AADSAS does not charge a fee for you to participate in the Academic Update. The only cost you incur is the cost of having an updated official transcript sent to AADSAS.

Q: Where do I send my updated transcripts?

A: AADSAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110
Watertown, MA 02471

If you would like to express mail your transcripts sent to:

AADSAS Transcript Processing Center
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15
Watertown, MA 02472

Q: Can I enter my Summer 2005 grades now and my Fall 2005 grades later, after they are made available?

A: The Academic Update window permits you to submit all your updated information only once. If you submit your Summer 2005 grades, you will not be permitted to re-enter your application and submit your Fall 2005 grades at a later date. AADSAS recommends that you wait to submit both Summer and Fall grades after your Fall grades are made available.

Q: Can I update other information in my application during the Academic Update?

A: The only section of your application that you can update during the Academic Update is Courses Planned-In Progress. You can update your Biographic Information (change of address, etc.) and your self-reported DAT scores at any time. Other sections of the application, including Honors and Awards, Research Experience, etc. cannot be updated.

Q: Can international applicants (individuals who have completed coursework outside the US/Canada) provide information during the Academic Update?

A: Yes. International applicants (individuals who have completed coursework outside the US/Canada) who are now attending a US/Canadian college/university can enter new information in the Courses Planned-In Progress section and should submit transcripts for verification. International applicants attending a foreign college/university/dental may indicate so in the Courses Planned-In Progress section, but do not provide a transcript, as AADSAS does not verify international transcripts.

Q: How do I know that AADSAS has begun processing my Academic update?

A: Monitor the receipt of your Academic Update transcripts through your application. On the horizontal toolbar at the top of your application, select Status > Transcripts. As soon as the AADSAS Transcript Verification Center has received your transcripts, we will begin processing your application. You can tell when verification is complete when your computed GPA.s have been revised.

Two actions must occur for AADSAS to initiate processing of your Academic Update:

You must submit your updated coursework information. NOTE: After entering all your new coursework, be sure to push the submit button.
AADSAS must receive updated official transcripts, reflecting the coursework recently completed.

Q: How do I know that AADSAS has begun processing my Academic update?

A: After AADSAS has verified your updated information, a new GPA will be calculated. Monitor any changes in the reported GPA in your application.

Q: How long does it take for schools to receive my Academic Update?

A: After AADSAS has received your e-submitted information and your official transcript, AADSAS processing takes approximately 4-6 weeks.

Q: How do I know that the schools have received my Academic Update?

A: Go to the horizontal toolbar at the top of your application and select Status > Designations. The date AADSAS provides information to your designated schools is indicated.

Q: Where is the "Planned-In Progress Courses" section of my application?

A: This section is located in the "Coursework" section of your application.

Q: Can I modify the university I indicated I would be attending in my Courses Planned-In Progress section during the Academic Update?

A: Yes. You may do so by going to the Colleges Attended section of the application and submitting updated information.

Q: I submitted my Academic Update on time, but my transcripts were not sent until after the Academic Update deadline. Will AADSAS process my Academic Update?

A: AADSAS will process Academic Updates for applicants who e-submit their Academic Update information by February 3, 2006, provided AADSAS receives an official transcript no later than April 1, 2006. AADSAS strongly recommends that you do not delay sending transcripts, however.

Thanks Bonkers. :thumbup:

Richnator said:
We have an insomniac here.
Congratulations Rich. You're the runner up! :clap:

duh? said:
Congratulations Rich. You're the runner up! :clap:
Haha, yah. Between Xanga surfing and SDN, I barely get any sleep. Plus I have a major headache. Been drinking like a fish yesterday, ugh!!