Aadsas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egpndoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
who hates AADSAS? Who has had AADSAS make a mistake or screw somethig up for them? I thought this was America, where monopolies do not exist? Why is there not another institution to file our applications through> We pay them a grip of $$$, and they act like they're doing it for free. And is it just me or did they just orund up the dumbest people in the country and give them jobs there? Applying to dental school is a mjor life decision, not something to be taken lightly ro to be messed with, and they act like we're applying for community college. Does anyone know who we can complain to? I sent my application in on July 20, guess when they mailed it out to schools? September 14. What the f#*&@!!!!!?????? All my other stuff was sent to them the same day too (transcripts, LOR's, etc). I hate them. If I didn't get in I would be pitchin a bit**.

Members don't see this ad.

egpndoc said:
who hates AADSAS? Who has had AADSAS make a mistake or screw somethig up for them? I thought this was America, where monopolies do not exist? Why is there not another institution to file our applications through> We pay them a grip of $$$, and they act like they're doing it for free. And is it just me or did they just orund up the dumbest people in the country and give them jobs there? Applying to dental school is a mjor life decision, not something to be taken lightly ro to be messed with, and they act like we're applying for community college. Does anyone know who we can complain to? I sent my application in on July 20, guess when they mailed it out to schools? September 14. What the f#*&@!!!!!?????? All my other stuff was sent to them the same day too (transcripts, LOR's, etc). I hate them. If I didn't get in I would be pitchin a bit**.
yeah aadsas sucks, but i'm pretty sure they took about 8 weeks on everyone's applications, not just yours. have you not heard back from schools yet?

jessUMD said:
yeah aadsas sucks, but i'm pretty sure they took about 8 weeks on everyone's applications, not just yours. have you not heard back from schools yet?
ive already been accepted, but its the principle of the matter. thye are ridiculous. how about you, anyluck yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what you mean! I actually will be calling them on Monday and essentialy demanding a partial refund for not meeting the standards they set on their webpage. If a regular busisness did this, it would be false advertising! Plus the way I see it is this: with over 12000 applicants and an average of say $500 per person (I dont think that is high, low if anything), thats $6 million for a service that amounts to hitting print and stuffing envelopes. Since they are in DC, I think a threat to lodge a complaint with the AG (even though Gonzales is an idiot) might get a little movement out of those SOBs!

snwman said:
I know what you mean! I actually will be calling them on Monday and essentialy demanding a partial refund for not meeting the standards they set on their webpage. If a regular busisness did this, it would be false advertising! Plus the way I see it is this: with over 12000 applicants and an average of say $500 per person (I dont think that is high, low if anything), thats $6 million for a service that amounts to hitting print and stuffing envelopes. Since they are in DC, I think a threat to lodge a complaint with the AG (even though Gonzales is an idiot) might get a little movement out of those SOBs!
do u know if we can complain to anyone else, or just the AG? Im sure he would just brush us off anyway. Lets protest this AADSAS crap, if we can get another company to be in competition, then thye would have incentive to improve their services and maybe even lower their prices. Competition is good, all of us applying should know that ;)

I'm about to start the aadsas process in May or June for the 2006 cycle, do you all have any advice?

Do I hear CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT here

rip921 said:
I'm about to start the aadsas process in May or June for the 2006 cycle, do you all have any advice?
Do it in May, as soon as possible. Do it right and double check everything you do. always call addsas and be a pain the a$$ to them. then call the schools to make sure everything is OK and in order.. Other than that try to apply to the few schools that dont use AADSAS ( I think theres 1 or 2). Good luck. APPLY EARLY

rip921 said:

Do it as EARLY as possible -- even if you haven't taken the DAT yet.

Also, have a friend/family memeber or anyone for that matter check it over for you. I must have looked at mine a 100 times but failed to notice that I selected 'quater' instead of 'semester' for one of my semesters in school -- screwed up my aadsas GPA. This was you dont have to deal with the annoying correction process.

I don't know anyone else's experience with how aadsas handles the LORs, but I heard they sucked, so I sent mine directly to all the schools.

good luck

DMD_hopeful said:
I don't know anyone else's experience with how aadsas handles the LORs, but I heard they sucked, so I sent mine directly to all the schools.

Definately send your LORs directly to the schools, and, since AADSAS managed to mess up my transcript (never send it to two of the schools, not sure how they managed that) I would say send your transcripts directly from your college, even though that may be a little more expensive - it's worth it in terms of saving yourself the hassle of dealing with (and, inevitably, screaming at) AADSAS.

TucsonDDS said:
Do I hear CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT here

they messed up on my gpa calculation, I ended up with a 2.56!!! the *****s didnt even look at my official transcripts. im seriously thinking of suing.

Only about half of the schools I applied to got all three of my LORs. It was such a pain in the arse. I eventually just had my letter writers send them directly to the schools after fighting with the customer disservice at AADSAS.

Wow, I guess I'll use the letter service instead of AADSAS, so if aadsas is slow and the schools get my letters of recommendation before they get the aadsas info, does that matter?

WE really need to find a way to complain about them. Their customer service sucks!!! after i paid so much for it, they are giving me some crapy service. They just want to get me off the phone. I have all my LOR sent certified mail and i have proof that somebody signed for them but they still haven't posted on the website. It has been two weeks!! I sent email, no respond; i called, "I'll give you a call back as soon as I find this out blah blah" They are not even there to help but screw you up!!!!! HATE THEM HATE THEM

Yeah AADSAS really does suck...I emailed them a question and have yet to hear back from them (almost 1 week) AND the last time I emailed them a question they responded w/ an answer that has NOTHING to do with my original question. Seems like they cut and paste an answer from their website (not that I looked or anything :rolleyes: )