aamc 5r...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im pretty tired so i am too lazy to do a search for this thread...i was just wondering how this test compares to the real deal...also what year was it administered..i really have no clue about these aamc tests and what the #'s mean (5 or 5R, etc)...i know 7 in the newest one but dont know when they came out..

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC tests are widely reported to be the best indicators of the actual thing. Especially 5-7.

Hey man,

Test 5R is a pretty good indicator of performance on the real deal. (or so I've heard) I took part of it in February, but I didn't go over my scores or even look at it after I took it, so I think it will still be a great indicator for us. It isn't easy by any means. It isn't an actual mcat, it is a compilation of questions published by the AAMC. Don't look at it prior to taking it, but I will give you one tip, watch out for Picasso. I don't remeber anything about that test, but I do remember that passage sucked.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, JDAD, i love it. i am usually pretty decent at verbal but i missed every single one of those picasso questions...and there were ten!!! i got 2 points lower than i usually do on verbal! glad it wasn't just me. :)

but yes, i just took 5R on monday and besides that picasso passage, i thought it was a good test...the sciences were very similar in difficulty to 4, haven't taken 6 or 7 yet.

i have a friend who says taht 6R is the most like the real thing..what did you think about the difficulty of the verbal compared to 4R and other TPR verbals...