AAMC 7 shock

Started by achaverta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

achaverta

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,
So this is the situation:
Registered for 8/10 MCAT- 2 days AHHHH

This is my AAMC in order that I took it

AAMC 3 : 9/11/10
AAMC 4: 9/8/9
AAMC 11: 7/ 10/ 9
AAMC 5: 9/11/9
AAMC 10: 11/10/10
AAMC 9: 13/11/9 (really confused how that happened)
AAMC 8: 12/11/11 :laugh:

So I left AAMC 7 for today as my last push- After I finished I felt confident- expected an 11-12 range for PS 11-12 for VS and a 10-11 for BS- scored it and my heart sank:
9/9/10. (For that earthquake passage- I got EVERY SINGLE one wrong 😱) I seriously felt like bursting!

So now the question is: Do I skip it on Friday? Do I take it and Void it? Do I stay confident that AAMC 7 is just ridiculous and go on?
HELP PLEASE 🙁
 
Hi Everyone,
So this is the situation:
Registered for 8/10 MCAT- 2 days AHHHH

This is my AAMC in order that I took it

AAMC 3 : 9/11/10
AAMC 4: 9/8/9
AAMC 11: 7/ 10/ 9
AAMC 5: 9/11/9
AAMC 10: 11/10/10
AAMC 9: 13/11/9 (really confused how that happened)
AAMC 8: 12/11/11 :laugh:

So I left AAMC 7 for today as my last push- After I finished I felt confident- expected an 11-12 range for PS 11-12 for VS and a 10-11 for BS- scored it and my heart sank:
9/9/10. (For that earthquake passage- I got EVERY SINGLE one wrong 😱) I seriously felt like bursting!

So now the question is: Do I skip it on Friday? Do I take it and Void it? Do I stay confident that AAMC 7 is just ridiculous and go on?
HELP PLEASE 🙁

Similar thing happened to me. It seems like BOTH PS and BS are moving towards more reading comprehension/critical thinking rather than content knowledge. If you're weak in this area (like I am), just go ahead and take it on Friday because delaying it won't do anything other than stress you out for a couple more weeks because I personally don't think you can change the way you interpret sentences/use your logic/critical thinking in a matter of weeks or even months. It's just like verbal and how it's really hard to get past a 10/11 on it. Just try to get all the content related questions right and wish for the best on the critical thinking BS and PS questions that don't require you to know any actual bio/chem/physics.

Best of luck!
 
AAMC 7 has been my highest so far (13-9-11), but the topics AAMC 7 covered I was particularly strong at. It could be that you simply weren't as strong on those topics, or that you weren't in the right mind set during the test. I wouldn't worry about one score, make sure you understand why you missed them. At least 50% of my wrong answers on my practice tests are because I didn't read the question entirely, or read it too fast. Usually costs me about 2-3 points over all.
 
Hi Everyone,
So this is the situation:
Registered for 8/10 MCAT- 2 days AHHHH

This is my AAMC in order that I took it

AAMC 3 : 9/11/10
AAMC 4: 9/8/9
AAMC 11: 7/ 10/ 9
AAMC 5: 9/11/9
AAMC 10: 11/10/10
AAMC 9: 13/11/9 (really confused how that happened)
AAMC 8: 12/11/11 :laugh:

So I left AAMC 7 for today as my last push- After I finished I felt confident- expected an 11-12 range for PS 11-12 for VS and a 10-11 for BS- scored it and my heart sank:
9/9/10. (For that earthquake passage- I got EVERY SINGLE one wrong 😱) I seriously felt like bursting!

So now the question is: Do I skip it on Friday? Do I take it and Void it? Do I stay confident that AAMC 7 is just ridiculous and go on?
HELP PLEASE 🙁

The earthquake passage was definitely a bear. It wasn't too much tougher than some of the other passages I've come across in different AAMC FLs though... it could have just caught you off guard. I would trust that AAMC 7 is a fluke more than anything, as your other practice exam scores look promising. AAMC 10 especially is considered a good indicator of how you'll do on the real thing, so I would just relax for the next two days, and make sure you're at your best for the test on 8/10. I would just trust yourself to perform at your average.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i don't see any reason in voiding unless you are extremely ill during the test or other uncontrollable factors arise and you wont get a good score out of it; when you void you won't even know how you do and you can't judge what you still need to work on based off your scores.
 
Relax! When I did FL I had about a 33 average. On one of my last FL I got a 24. Definitely not what I wanted to see. But I figured I was just burned out. I took a few days off to just goof around. Next FL I got a 35. Maybe you just need some time off? I definitely wouldn't void the test.
 
Look at trends, and take outliers with a grain of salt. Calculate the median score you have for each section and cumulative and use that as your prediction. It's just one data point among many.