AAMC 8 difficulty...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicate

took mcat, now applying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just took the aamc 8 and I found that i had trouble with timing more than usual. I've taken aamc 3-8 now, and I just took aamc 3 last recently before this (1-2 days ago) and I got a 36. I know that one has a reputation of being easier.

However, my timing on aamc hasnt been this bad since I took kaplan practice problems, lol.

Is this test harder by far than the others? Also, how does test 9 and 10 compare to the rest...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, I just took the aamc 8 and I found that i had trouble with timing more than usual. I've taken aamc 3-8 now, and I just took aamc 3 last recently before this (1-2 days ago) and I got a 36. I know that one has a reputation of being easier.

However, my timing on aamc hasnt been this bad since I took kaplan practice problems, lol.

Is this test harder by far than the others? Also, how does test 9 and 10 compare to the rest...

Thanks!

i thot that aamc practice test 8 was the most challenging out of all of the aamc tests available. i think many ppl believe that 10 is a very challenging one as well (at least the vr section) but i actually thot it was ok. aamc #3 is probably the least representative out of all of the available practice tests.

i thot that aamc practice test 8 was the most challenging out of all of the aamc tests available. i think many ppl believe that 10 is a very challenging one as well (at least the vr section) but i actually thot it was ok. aamc #3 is probably the least representative out of all of the available practice tests.
interesting, thanks...

Im trying to decide if I should do test 9 or 10. Which would you suggest and why?

Anyone else can chime in too, of course!

interesting, thanks...

Im trying to decide if I should do test 9 or 10. Which would you suggest and why?

Anyone else can chime in too, of course!

why do you have to decide...can you only do one of the two? do the harder one i guess (#10), but do both if you can of course

Members don't see this ad :)
why do you have to decide...can you only do one of the two? do the harder one i guess (#10), but do both if you can of course
well, my test is saturday and i think ill only take 1 test.

I believe its generally considered a little easier, but still a very accurate representation. AAMC 7-10 are generally considered harder and more accurate representation of the real MCAT than AAMC 3-6.

Seems like the general consensus of AAMC tests 7-10 are:

From Hardest to Easiest

8* > 10* > 9* > 7*

*note personal mileage may vary

A reply I posted earlier today in response to AAMC9

8 is totally the hardest. i think i made my lowest AAMC score on that one. 7, 9, and 10 seemed comparable to each other in terms of difficulty.

8 was my best score, though probably because the scale is super generous. I had the most trouble with 4 because of timing.