AAMC 8 Exam...Disaster!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PullMyFinger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished up the AAMC 8 exam....I have did my worst yet since my diagnostic. I scored a 20! On the 7th AAMC I scored a 23...and both are still shocking considering how I was doing slightly higher with my Kaplan exams.

For some reason I felt the 8th one was really hard, and furthermore, I could NOT get a grip of myself today and focus. It seemed like everything was racing through my mind and would not allow me to focus in peace.

I don't know, but I'm ready to hit the panic mode considering my MCAT is officially in 3 weeks and my highest score has thus far only been a 26. :(

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 8 is hard. Its a lot more application than any of the other tests I have done.

Don't fret too much, I also did significantly worse than I usually do on that one because I couldn't focus. I had way too much going through my head and was getting too distracted. Just clear your mind and you will do better. I know its easier said then done.

I just finished up the AAMC 8 exam....I have did my worst yet since my diagnostic. I scored a 20! On the 7th AAMC I scored a 23...and both are still shocking considering how I was doing slightly higher with my Kaplan exams.

For some reason I felt the 8th one was really hard, and furthermore, I could NOT get a grip of myself today and focus. It seemed like everything was racing through my mind and would not allow me to focus in peace.

I don't know, but I'm ready to hit the panic mode considering my MCAT is officially in 3 weeks and my highest score has thus far only been a 26. :(

It depends on your score breakdown..If you are pulling 8/8/8, then you are 4-6 questions(in each section) away from a 10/10/10. If you are getting < 7 in the sciences, that is a problem. As for verbal, one bad passage can kill you on the CBT.

Keep plugging away, you will be surprised by the improvements that come in the last 2 weeks! Good luck.

I found AAMC 8 to be very comparable to AAMC 9 and AAMC 10 in terms of difficulty. They were also the closest approximations to the real thing of any of the tests.

Like was said before, 20 is reason for concern, but sections lower than 7 is MORE of a reason for concern.

Work hard and make AAMC 9 be your confidence boost!