aamc cbt 6 same as paper 6R; what about 8 and 9?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

el indio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so yesterday i was taking the cbt 6 and i quickly realized i had seen all the questions before, because they all came from the paper mcat 6R. this really pissed me off. $35 for the cbt and $40 for the paper and they are the same thing. dont be fooled

a question: i have bought the paper mcats 6r,8, and 9, and the cbt 4,5,6 so far. i am going to buy cbt 7,8,9,10, but after the repeat with 6, i was wondering if anyone knows if cbt 8 and 9 are different or the same as paper 8 and 9? i wouldnt want to waste more money

Members don't see this ad.

Nooo don't do that!

The CBT tests are just shortened versions of the the R versions!

You're not at a disdvantage at all with the "R" versions.. In fact having the R versions exposes you to more questions.

The timing really shouldn't differ much either. 77 or 52 questions, its about the same per passage.

Verbal try and work faster though.. the new CBT format is 40 questions, 7 passages, 60 mins. Old format was 85 mins, 60 questions, 9 passages.

No.. I don't think you should buy anything. I don't know what the "r" is but I believe that as long as you have the paper version of any of the tests, you've got the CBT + extra questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
so then cbt 8 and 9 is ok to buy cause the paper 8 and 9 and not R?

There is no paper version of AAMC 10. So, buy that one.

The other CBTs are the same questions as the paper versions just scaled down. I have all the old paper ones and I am doing a couple of those, taking the free CBT, and buying AAMC 10.

So, if you buy AAMC 10, you get new material and if you buy the other ones you are just buying the same material in a CBT format.

:luck: