AAMC FL 2 Accuracy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Stalker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken ~10 FL exams so far, NS 1 - 6, Altius 1 + 4, AAMC Sample, AAMC FL 1, AAMC FL 2. On AAMC FL 2 I scored a 506 (far from my dream score...) with a breakdown of:
128/124/128/126 for Phys/chem, CARS, Bio/biochem, Psy/soc

AAMC FL 1 I took last July for practice, took it again last week, scored a 513.

I'm scheduled for June 16 MCAT, and if during the test, I don't feel like its going well, I'll void the exam.

Curious to know how students score on the real exam compared to AAMC FL 2 - is it the same? +/- 1 point? Thanks for all advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken ~10 FL exams so far, NS 1 - 6, Altius 1 + 4, AAMC Sample, AAMC FL 1, AAMC FL 2. On AAMC FL 2 I scored a 506 (far from my dream score...) with a breakdown of:
128/124/128/126 for Phys/chem, CARS, Bio/biochem, Psy/soc

AAMC FL 1 I took last July for practice, took it again last week, scored a 513.

I'm scheduled for June 16 MCAT, and if during the test, I don't feel like its going well, I'll void the exam.

Curious to know how students score on the real exam compared to AAMC FL 2 - is it the same? +/- 1 point? Thanks for all advice.
Felt like AAMC 2 was exactly like the real thing. And I would think about scoring the exam it seems like u been studying for a while and have taken a good amount of practice exams. No one really feels well during the exam. But I would void if you think you bombed or ran out of time. What about EK exams? You could push back the exam and take the 5 EK exams which are the closest thing to AAMC exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Felt like AAMC 2 was exactly like the real thing. And I would think about scoring the exam it seems like u been studying for a while and have taken a good amount of practice exams. No one really feels well during the exam. But I would void if you think you bombed or ran out of time. What about EK exams? You could push back the exam and take the 5 EK exams which are the closest thing to AAMC exam.
Thanks for the encouragement. I personally prefer Altius exams and I feel their exams are the most representative. I took EK 1 and EK 2 last year.

The CARS was bad 36/53, I usually hit 40-42, so maybe it was just bad luck? I'm not quite sure. I'll work on improving that, I usually hit 127 on the dot for all the prior CARS sections I've completed.

I actually got a 513 on FL1 and a 506 on FL2 just like you! I took mine June 1st so I haven't gotten my test back yet to give you any information though.

Reactions: 1 users
I just took FL 2 today and don't feel bad about not doing as well as you'd like on CARS....it was so g-d boring this time around! Geez I could barely focus at all on any of the passages. You're doing great. Maybe the lower score is due to a bit of study exhaustion?

I just took FL 2 today and don't feel bad about not doing as well as you'd like on CARS....it was so g-d boring this time around! Geez I could barely focus at all on any of the passages. You're doing great. Maybe the lower score is due to a bit of study exhaustion?
I was considering the aspect of exhaustion; the past 2 weeks I may have overexerted myself.

I'm reviewing the P/C and B/B sections right now, and I was pleased with the 128s, but I made 4-5 very silly mistakes in each, with those gone maybe I'm 129/130 level. By silly mistake, in P/C there were 2 problems I divided incorrectly on, and for B/B the quality of the mistakes is analogous to saying "U is part of DNA"

Reactions: 1 user
How did you do on FL 2? If you don't want to post on the thread, could you inbox me? Good luck!

How did you do on FL 2? If you don't want to post on the thread, could you inbox me? Good luck!

I got 517, a bit of a bump from my previous 515. Mostly I improved on psych/soc and still have space to improve in chem/phys...more practice doing quick math would probably help. In any case I wouldn't get worried about doing a bit worse on the second FL, its probably study exhaustion.

Yeah i just took the aamc fl 2 and only got a 508 :( which is demoralizing bc on the aamc fl 1 i got a 514. my exam is on saturday and it was mainly the cars section that brought me down, i only scored a 124 on that. i hope the real thing is more like fl 1 that test felt so much easier than fl imo.

I just finished AAMC FL2 last night and I agree with everyone's comments. Even though I was sick and exhausted during FL2 but I felt that it was harder than FL1. Especially CARS section, was brutal. It was very boring and most of the passages had similar topics.
I got 4 points lower on FL2 compared to FL1.

As per SDN and reddit, any score predictions, are, at best, very week. I've read 501 on FL 2 to 514, but also 518 FL 2 to 509 real exam.

I thoroughly reviewed the exam, and caught all silly mistakes and just mistakes of what I was doing - maybe missing a key detail in the passage, or I missed something the authors were implying.

My C/P and B/B were good enough for me...even with careless mistakes I hit a 128. Hoping for 130s on the real thing.

I've always done acceptable (by my standards) for CARS which is a 127, but this test maybe I just crashed and landed that 124.

Psy/Soc I intensely reviewed and saw the mistakes I made weren't because I didn't know details/terms, but because I maybe wasn't applying the concepts properly.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i just took the aamc fl 2 and only got a 508 :( which is demoralizing bc on the aamc fl 1 i got a 514. my exam is on saturday and it was mainly the cars section that brought me down, i only scored a 124 on that. i hope the real thing is more like fl 1 that test felt so much easier than fl imo.
515 on Fl1 (two weeks ago) and 508 (last week) on Fl2... it's so frustrating and I don't even know what to think of the difference. I take the actual test this Saturday.

515 on Fl1 (two weeks ago) and 508 (last week) on Fl2... it's so frustrating and I don't even know what to think of the difference. I take the actual test this Saturday.
was it the cars section for you too? also if you dont mind checking or anyone else really, can you check #45 on the B/B section and see if your answer makes sense. Its the question about how many moles of ATP are produced from 5 moles of glucose under aerobic conditions. The answer should be 10 moles, but the answer isn't one of the choices. They say the correct answer is 9 x 10^24 but in the answer description it says it is 6 x 10^24 moles and both of these answers are wrong. I dont know if this is an error with all of the fl 2's or if something just happened with mine.

But anywho, good luck on your test I take it on saturday as well

Reactions: 1 user
was it the cars section for you too? also if you dont mind checking or anyone else really, can you check #45 on the B/B section and see if your answer makes sense. Its the question about how many moles of ATP are produced from 5 moles of glucose under aerobic conditions. The answer should be 10 moles, but the answer isn't one of the choices. They say the correct answer is 9 x 10^24 but in the answer description it says it is 6 x 10^24 moles and both of these answers are wrong. I dont know if this is an error with all of the fl 2's or if something just happened with mine.

Fl1: 130/127/131/127
Fl2: 127/126/128/127

I made a plethora of dumb mistakes on c/p and bio this time around. :\

#45 wasn't fully fleshed out by AAMC. It seems that they were going for molecules of ATP instead of moles. Like you said, 5 mole glucose ->10 mole ATP -> 6.022 x10^24 ATP molecules.

Good luck to you as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the same score on FL #2 and the real exam.

How did you feel after FL2 (before you saw your score) vs after the real thing?

Anyway I heard the curves for the CARS and P/S sections are worse on FL1+2 than on the real thing, although I'm not sure how true that is

My scores for FL1 and FL2 were the same before the curve adjustment happened. After they changed the scale, my score for FL2 was one point higher than FL1. I took FL1 right after I finished content review and FL2 a couple of days before my test.

I chose to look at the measly 1 point improvement in a positive light, because it appears that most people do way worse on FL2 than FL1, so I decided to think positively that doing 1 point better showed improvement haha...I'll let you all know on Tuesday when I get my scores....

Its an error on the MCAT software. The answer is 6*10^24.

They meant to ask for molecules not moles. It was also an error in the question as well as the answer selected.

Haha I thought the same thing! I read the question atleast 5 times and was trying to visualize it in my head and was very puzzled. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I got two points lower on FL2 than I did on FL1, and that was after six more weeks of hard studying between the two. It can be demoralizing, I know. I was pretty mad - I would have been ok with staying the same, even, but going down after studying more is harsh. It just depends on the test. Do your best and try not to psych yourself out. On CARS, go back to the passage for evidence on nearly every question if you have time. good luck

Reactions: 1 users

Yessss same thing here!!! I stared at it sooo many times I thought I was losing my mind!! Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile