AAMC FL test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedsp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
The AAMC website only offers 4 FL practice. Do people think that is enough to prep for the real MCAT? I've heard from some friends that they take several FL (way more than 4) exams before the real MCAT. Just wanted to know your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC FL exams are to help you get an accurate gauge of what the actual exam will be like (since third-party testing resources never really mimic the actual MCAT very well) and for you to see where you're scoring. For these reasons, they're better saved for the last 4 weeks or so of your MCAT studying so you can see if you're ready to take the actual thing. While third party resources can be helpful, they're not absolutely mandatory to succeed on the MCAT. I know countless people, including myself, who were able to just use the AAMC resources and review books to study.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

AAMC FL exams are to help you get an accurate gauge of what the actual exam will be like (since third-party testing resources never really mimic the actual MCAT very well) and for you to see where you're scoring. For these reasons, they're better saved for the last 4 weeks or so of your MCAT studying so you can see if you're ready to take the actual thing. While third party resources can be helpful, they're not absolutely mandatory to succeed on the MCAT. I know countless people, including myself, who were able to just use the AAMC resources and review books to study.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Awesome! Thanks!