AAMC FL1-3 Psych Soc Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapientnarwhal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 130 (93%, 93%, 85%) on each of them but damn if I didn't flag 25 questions each time. Many of the terms I have never heard of and had to reason through each. My test is in a week and I need to prioritize. Ideally I want to focus on C/P and B/B, but it seems like C/P and CARS are more worth my while.

How is the actual P/S section?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @sapientnarwhal, I took the MCAT last June and am now and a tutor and based on my experience, the actual Psych/Soc section is very similar to what you experienced with not knowing some of the terms and having to reason through. I highly recommend the Khan Academy 300 page Psych/Soc notes document (Khan Notes) to learn as many of the terms and content as possible. I used this document to supplement the material in the Altius manual and definitely can attribute my 131 on PsS on exam day to this document. The rest exactly what you mentioned. The more you know coming into it, the easier it is to reason and used logic to answer the questions. A lot of the time, you can rule out wrong answers just by the fact that you'll know what the other terms mean even if you don't know the meaning of the correct answer. The document took me just about a week to get through when I was in my final two weeks of review before my exam so I think it's doable if you're worried about your PsS score however I think a 130 consistently is great and would focus on other sections if they're lower.

Reactions: 1 user