AAMC FL1 BB #23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The passage states that p65 and cRel are transcription factors that can be continuously activated when mutations occur to proteins upstream in the signalling pathway. I had chosen B at first but changed it because I thought that transcription factors bind to DNA-binding sites on enhancer sequences, not promoters. From the information I have found online, some sources state that they can bind to either one. So, do these end up having different functions?
240c8e64f5117a58c55ab6e405bc67a6.png

Members don't see this ad.

You know these transcription factors are continuously activated and are upstream from your genes of interest. What is upstream from these genes? Usually enhancers, silencers, promoters etc. I don't think it is important to focus that transcription factors must bind here and there, because they can bind to all that I mentioned. If you look at A, C, and D those are way weaker/wrong when compared to B. It's important to trust your instincts; if you have some correct knowledge, go with it!