AAMC FL's sufficient?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicago88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In terms of full length exams, would doing just the AAMC's be sufficient?

I am also doing all of the TBR books + passages, all the EK 1001's and the 30-min tests at the end of each chapter of the EK books.

Content review consists of: Kaplan, EK, and TBR texts.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think u've probably heard that the more practice tests u do, the more prepared you'll be. Having gone through this whole process recently, I would say doing all the AAMCs will be enough. Your actual MCAT score will be right around the average of all your AAMCs.

I am also doing all of the TBR books + passages, all the EK 1001's and the 30-min tests at the end of each chapter of the EK books.

Thank you.

Thank you.

With all of the other practice you're doing, it sounds like all the AAMC exams is plenty. betwene the books and AAMC exams, you'll see different styles of writing, which will prove very helpful on test day.

Keep up the great work!

in general, I feel like you should take as many practice tests as you can until you reach your target score maintaining good timing (e.g. time to go back and review up to 15 problems). all aamc exams may be enough for some people and not even close for other people (myself, for example). i think i took all the aamcs, 3 of the GS, 5 of the kaplans and 3 of the BRs.