AAMC FLs, writing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sc4s2cg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys complete the Writing section? Feel kind of silly writing an essay to myself, graded by myself.

Asking just because it seems like it's not that important to med schools. Case in point: will be removed 2015 and trials start in 2013.

Members don't see this ad.

I stopped for the last two, instead I'll give myself about 10-20 minutes break ontop of the 10 minutes if I'm generous b/c I usually finish each section in 10-15 minutes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys complete the Writing section? Feel kind of silly writing an essay to myself, graded by myself.

Asking just because it seems like it's not that important to med schools. Case in point: will be removed 2015 and trials start in 2013.

You can get it graded free by prep101, check out their website and if your nice about it, people on the boards here?

Is 2013 when they start testing the MCAT with no writing section? My plan is to sit for the MCAT in March 2013, so I won't have to worry about the writing section then? Will our grades come back quicker at that point as well?