AAMC practice exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgst9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I plan to purchase two or three of the practice exams in the near future, but I am unsure of which ones would be best.

I thought I remembered someone saying something about 11 in that it was unusual compared to all of the others. I saw that someone said 10 was a good predictor and that 9 was relatively easy.

Does anyone happen to know which ones would be best to choose?

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion... get 8, 10, 11. Those ones so far have seemed to be the most difficult as far as experimental passages and a good amount of math on the physics. I haven't taken it yet but that would be my 2 cents.

For what it's worth, my lowest scores were at 5/8/10 (and I never took 9). I'd certainly get 10/11 if I were you, not so sure which one would best for a 3rd one.

Alright, I think I will go with 8/10/11 then.

How is #3? I am going to take that one tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, I think I will go with 8/10/11 then.

How is #3? I am going to take that one tomorrow.

People say it's the easiest, to a disproportionate amount. It's one of my lowest scores but once explanation for that is that it was my first ever AAMC test.

If you've seen only practice material from 3rd parties, it will be the first time you see AAMC's approach of writing the test - that's certainly beneficial. Getting somewhat lower score should not worry you too much.

Keep in mind that each test covers only some subset of all the possible material. Even taking all the practice tests will not cover everything - on test day there will be areas that were never on any of the practice tests but were on the outline of topics.