AAMC Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letaps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I know there are a lot of threads about this, but most of them are about the paper version.

Which one of the AAMC exams did you guys think was the hardest and which one the easiest?

and

Which AAMC exam did you guys think was closest to the real thing?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken tests 3-8 so far. I definitely found test 8 to be the most challenging so far (I'll be taking 9 and 10 within the next few days). However, I've read that test 9 is supposed to be the hardest.

My score improved from the first test I took. I think it all has to do with how much you've prepared, the curve, and some luck. If you're comfortable with the topics being tested, you're more likely to get a higher score.

Hey,

I know there are a lot of threads about this, but most of them are about the paper version.

Which one of the AAMC exams did you guys think was the hardest and which one the easiest?

and

Which AAMC exam did you guys think was closest to the real thing?

Thanks

I'm not understanding something ...There is a difference between the paper exam and the computer exam in terms of content?

Anyway, I've taken the CBT's from 3 to 8 and I would say 8 was closest to the real thing. This would make sense, as the higher numbered tests were released more recently and are thus the most current and closest to the current MCAT.

I'm not understanding something ...There is a difference between the paper exam and the computer exam in terms of content?

Yes, there is a difference. The CBTs are basically cut and paste jobs from their paper versions to fit the new format.

In terms of accuracy and difficulty, the higher the number, the more accurate and difficult. At least, that's the general trend. There could be one test that hits more of your weaknesses, so it's harder for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, there is a difference. The CBTs are basically cut and paste jobs from their paper versions to fit the new format.

In terms of accuracy and difficulty, the higher the number, the more accurate and difficult. At least, that's the general trend. There could be one test that hits more of your weaknesses, so it's harder for you.

Oh true.

So since the old tests had 77 questions each section, this means that these practice exams had 25 questions more on them? That is A LOT of practice material that I never knew existed.

Considering that I don't value Kaplan/EK/BR tests as very accurate at all, it would be great to get some more AAMC practice material.

Do they still sell these old paper exams if we want them?

This is a subjective question, because everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. I thought 9 was the easiest because that's the exam I scored the highest on.

Oh true.

So since the old tests had 77 questions each section, this means that these practice exams had 25 questions more on them? That is A LOT of practice material that I never knew existed.

Considering that I don't value Kaplan/EK/BR tests as very accurate at all, it would be great to get some more AAMC practice material.

Do they still sell these old paper exams if we want them?

No, not anymore. They're only really good for your first few practice tests to help build endurance. After that, it's better to get used to the new format.

No, not anymore. They're only really good for your first few practice tests to help build endurance. After that, it's better to get used to the new format.

Damn.

And yes i agree it would be good to get used to the new format.

If I was to obtain these paper tests, I wouldn't take them as a whole practice tests necessarily.

It's just that these sections that were cut out would be very valuable to me because they would be the only AAMC practice material on this planet that I haven't finished already (besides the 2 CBT's that I didn't take).

If AAMC released practice tests 11,12, and 13 tomorrow, I would study for the exam again and take these tests and use them to gauge whether or not I should retake the test ( I got a 32 the first time). I wouldn't do a retake unless I was sure I could do better than a 32. And right now, I don't have anyway of making sure of this (I've tried EK and Kaplan exams and they are very unrepresentative of the MCAT), unless I could get my hands on more AAMC practice material.

When you purchase an AAMC practice exam, do you get unlimited access? also, do you have to take the test immediately upon purchase?

I don't think you need to take it as soon as you buy it. You get unlimited access.
Also, if you've signed up with kaplan, they give you all of the exams in the package.

I don't think you need to take it as soon as you buy it. You get unlimited access.
Also, if you've signed up with kaplan, they give you all of the exams in the package.

you do NOT get unlimited access - you only have ONE YEAR from the date of purchase. AAMC3 is free and is unlimited.