1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AAMC Practice Items and AAMC 1,2,3 Verbal

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DZT, Mar 25, 2002.

1. DZT

DZT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering whether the Verbal sections from the older AAMC test and the practice items are easier or more difficult than what we would expect now.
    On the AAMC practice items, I generally miss 7-10 questions out of 65; before I used to miss 20+. My new strategy is not to vacillate and take the test without thinking deep and moving fast. DO you think thats a good idea? It seems to be working on the older AAMC tests, but maybe they're easier. EVERYONE GOOD LUCK ON MCATS!-->NB81

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Others would probably disagree, but I'm all for the gut instinct method of deciding which answer to choose. Also, if you are a chronic vacillator, I would suggest that you immediately XX out any answers that you think might be wrong so you don't continue to mull them over while the clock is ticking.

It is definitely common opinion that the early AAMC tests are much easier than the actual MCAT. I honestly can't remember though...

4. DZT

DZT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know that the old AAMC's are easier; but does this necessarily apply to the Verbal. I would assume that in comparison to other sections, the verbal difficulty should be more or less the same. Any thoughts?

5. bentz

bentz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

the verbal sectin on test I and II are easier than test III and on. the other tests are kind of a reflection of performance for the MCAT