AAMC Practice MCAT: Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member000000000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the official AAMC MCAT I received the following scores:

Chem/Physical: 78%
CARS: 83%
Bio/Biochem: 75%
Psych: 85% (with 40 minutes to spare)

What kind of score should I expect from this (is there a way to "convert" it)? Is there a percentage I should aim for before I take the MCAT (I'm scheduled for May22nd but am willing to push it)?

I'm hoping this is enough for a DO program. I have a 3.7ish (with retakes) and a 3.4ish (without retakes MD). URM, 125 clinical hours, over 1500 non clinical volunteer 4 semesters TA, Michigan resident, non traditional applicant. How do you think I will do this cycle if my MCAT score is similar to the practice test?

Answering any of those questions will help.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

On the official AAMC MCAT I received the following scores:

Chem/Physical: 78%
CARS: 83%
Bio/Biochem: 75%
Psych: 85% (with 40 minutes to spare)

What kind of score should I expect from this (is there a way to "convert" it)? Is there a percentage I should aim for before I take the MCAT (I'm scheduled for May22nd but am willing to push it)?

I'm hoping this is enough for a DO program. I have a 3.7ish (with retakes) and a 3.4ish (without retakes MD). URM, 125 clinical hours, over 1500 non clinical volunteer 4 semesters TA, Michigan resident, non traditional applicant. How do you think I will do this cycle if my MCAT score is similar to the practice test?

Answering any of those questions will help.

Thanks.

Check out the April 2015 test takers thread. People are reporting their scores and what they had leading up to the exam on practice tests. If you were to score that on test day, you would be in great shape for a DO school and have a shot as some MD schools as well!

Are you planning to take any more exams? You are still ~ 2 weeks out. Good luck!