AAMC Practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dylan4081

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the AAMC practice test #3. I got a 22 6/8/8. I know the main reason I got a 6 on the PS was because I hadn't taken a full 7 passages before and I wasn't ready. The rest of the test could be attributed to being tired and running out of time. Should I be discouraged from this score and be worried about taking the real thing? I have a month before I take the real test.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm... In my opinion, a 22 a month before the real test is a bit worrisome. Have you finished reviewing content or are you just starting to study?

So I just took the AAMC practice test #3. I got a 22 6/8/8. I know the main reason I got a 6 on the PS was because I hadn't taken a full 7 passages before and I wasn't ready. The rest of the test could be attributed to being tired and running out of time. Should I be discouraged from this score and be worried about taking the real thing? I have a month before I take the real test.

Well I think it really depends on why you did bad. I went from a 9 in PS to a 11-13 very quickly. I just didn't know some equations and relationships and then fixed that. Bio can Easily be raised to a 10 range IMO if you are still lacking in content. What is your target score? I think that's the most important thing. High 20s, def doable. Mid to low 30s, maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be discouraged. The positives of this experience are that you now know what you need to work on. If you put the work in and honestly evaluate yourself each day on whether you did an honest day's good work, you'll be good to go come test day.

Getting near a 30 or higher is when most people's improvement tends to cap out. You can probably get to the mid or high 20s. 30 and higher gets really lucked-based and depends on how many nitpicky details you can memorize and the luck you get on the test relating to which questions are chosen and what topics are covered.

Well I think it really depends on why you did bad. I went from a 9 in PS to a 11-13 very quickly. I just didn't know some equations and relationships and then fixed that. Bio can Easily be raised to a 10 range IMO if you are still lacking in content. What is your target score? I think that's the most important thing. High 20s, def doable. Mid to low 30s, maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the reason I did so poorly on the ps is 1) I didn't know all the equations and 2) I ran out of time half way through the last passage so I missed like 8 because I didn't answer them. I just need to brush up on bio. I usually get a 9 or 10 on verbal. I think it was me just being tired near the end. Like I said it was my first practice test an had no idea what to really expect. I want to be in the 27-32 range for the real thing.

You have a month dude, keep at it. Dont allow the fact that you're taking a practice test influence how seriously you take your studying. Cut out every distraction possible and lock in when you sit down for practice exams. I found that taking practice test was more difficult than taking the real thing, when I sat down for the actual exam I thought it was cake, after having done so many practice exams ( I scored 4 points higher on the actual exam than I did on my final practice test).

Nothing wrong with guessing dude, NEVER EVER leave a question unanswered on the MCAT! I cant stress that enough. The more practice tests you take the better you will get at guessing correctly.

Don't be discouraged man, you'll get it as long as you put everything you have into studying. Dont cheat yourself by taking short cuts or not taking your studying seriously.

Yeah just took test 4 and got a 26: 6/10/10. I'm definitely not as worried anymore because Biology and verbal come really easy to me. The thing that brings me down a lot is physics. Any suggestions on how to raise that?