1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

AAMC R Exams nearly identical to CBT versions???

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Jumb0, 09.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Jumb0

Jumb0 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I took AAMC 3 and 5, the CBT versions...Now I had planned on doing ALL of the R-versions before I tackled the rest of the CBT's (since CBT's are supposed to be the best preparation).

But it turns out the R-exams are nearly identical to the CBT's. I just took 3R PS and I had seen 90% of the PS passages.

Should I even bother with the R exams? I don't want to do all the R exams and then shell out $35 a pop for the online CBT exams when I will have seen most of the questions already.

What should I do?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. brood910

brood910 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If you dont want to buy self assessments + dont care about getting used to CBT, then just use R.

4. kraskadva

kraskadva ... 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Yes, the R versions are identical to the CBT versions, except that the R versions are about 1/3 longer. And, ya' know, on paper.
    I would recommend taking the R versions you have (the older ones), and taking the CBT versions of FLs that you don't have (the newer ones).
    I haven't come across an R version of AAMC8 or higher, and those are the newest, so def take those CBT.

About the ads