Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AAMC R Exams nearly identical to CBT versions???

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Jumb0, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Jumb0

Jumb0 5+ Year Member

Aug 24, 2012
    USA
    So I took AAMC 3 and 5, the CBT versions...Now I had planned on doing ALL of the R-versions before I tackled the rest of the CBT's (since CBT's are supposed to be the best preparation).

But it turns out the R-exams are nearly identical to the CBT's. I just took 3R PS and I had seen 90% of the PS passages.

Should I even bother with the R exams? I don't want to do all the R exams and then shell out $35 a pop for the online CBT exams when I will have seen most of the questions already.

What should I do?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. brood910

brood910 2+ Year Member

Jul 21, 2011
    If you dont want to buy self assessments + dont care about getting used to CBT, then just use R.

4. kraskadva

kraskadva ... 5+ Year Member

Apr 27, 2011
    in a bubble
    Yes, the R versions are identical to the CBT versions, except that the R versions are about 1/3 longer. And, ya' know, on paper.
    I would recommend taking the R versions you have (the older ones), and taking the CBT versions of FLs that you don't have (the newer ones).
    I haven't come across an R version of AAMC8 or higher, and those are the newest, so def take those CBT.