AAMC Sample test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drthedude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just took the AAMC sample and was wondering about the difficulty compared to other FL's and the actual exam, mainly for CP and BB. Thank you!

Score was:

CP: 53/59

CARS: 51/53

BB: 52/59

PS:55/59

Members don't see this ad.

CARS and P/S are pretty easy on the sample relative to the other exams and real exam but C/P and B/B are just highly variable in general in terms of difficulty...for those it depends where your strengths and weaknesses are. Those are solid scores, though. Personally I did the sample last (after FLs 1-4) and found it to be the easiest test overall and scored much higher on it than my real exam (first time) but plenty of people say the opposite.

I think the sample test was very similar in style to the other AAMC exams and real thing, but the content was a bit easier. However, based on your scores, you're in really good shape- the students I've had with similar scores all ended up scoring very highly on the real thing.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Hello everyone! I just took the AAMC sample and was wondering about the difficulty compared to other FL's and the actual exam, mainly for CP and BB. Thank you!

Score was:

CP: 53/59

CARS: 51/53

BB: 52/59

PS:55/59
The sample is said to be easier than most of the rest of the full length exams--across the board. Most companies that teach to the test (Kaplan, Princeton Review) etc. make their sample exams super hard to encourage people to take their courses. AAMC sample is generally easier. The rest of the full length exams vary in difficulty but be sure to complete all of them.

Your scores look great! How far into your prep are you?

I just took the AAMC sample test today and found CARS and P/S fairly easy (got 94% on CARS and 88% on P/S). I'm weakest in C/P, but was pleasantly surprised that I got 71% in that section and 81% on B/B. Was nice to see a little improvement from the 122 I got on C/P in my diagnostic (taken 1 month ago). Not putting too much stock in these scores today, though, since I've heard from everyone that the FL's and real thing are harder.

I'm testing in late May, so hopefully will continue to improve throughout the next few months.

Reactions: 1 user