-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
AAMC Skill Assessment Package
Started by xXIDaShizIXx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Buy both.
Did you?
If, by the individual practice tests, you mean the AAMC Full Length Practice Tests (#3-11), then yes, those are basically mandatory purchases unless you are a genius/are already getting 40s. The self assessment is also very good. I bought both. Most (basically all) people who have purchased the self assessments also purchased the AAMC full lengths.
Buy both.
Buy both.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If, by the individual practice tests, you mean the AAMC Full Length Practice Tests (#3-11), then yes, those are basically mandatory purchases unless you are a genius/are already getting 40s. The self assessment is also very good. I bought both. Most (basically all) people who have purchased the self assessments also purchased the AAMC full lengths.
Buy both.
Thanks! Any general tips for making the most out of these purchases? Like studying after being finished with content review?
Practice tests shouldn't be started until you're completely finished with content review. Self-assessments are best done immediately after content review is over but before you do your first practice test.Thanks! Any general tips for making the most out of these purchases? Like studying after being finished with content review?
Take seriously whatever questions you miss on the self assessments. Assume that you didn't just make a silly mistake or error in answering the question, and that if you had a better understanding/familiarity of the content you probably would have gotten the answer correct. Don't just memorize little factoids here and there that would have helped you on a particular question; if you're weak in an area, do a thorough review of the concepts and the applications. This is what I'm doing now (two weeks until my exam).
There is also a thread floating about MCAT discussion that is just a bunch of people talking about the AAMC self-assessment. Try searching it up, there should be some good stuff in that thread.
EDIT: ditto what OCDOCDOCD said as well, although I assumed you were already finished with content review.
There is also a thread floating about MCAT discussion that is just a bunch of people talking about the AAMC self-assessment. Try searching it up, there should be some good stuff in that thread.
EDIT: ditto what OCDOCDOCD said as well, although I assumed you were already finished with content review.
Take seriously whatever questions you miss on the self assessments. Assume that you didn't just make a silly mistake or error in answering the question, and that if you had a better understanding/familiarity of the content you probably would have gotten the answer correct. Don't just memorize little factoids here and there that would have helped you on a particular question; if you're weak in an area, do a thorough review of the concepts and the applications. This is what I'm doing now (two weeks until my exam).
There is also a thread floating about MCAT discussion that is just a bunch of people talking about the AAMC self-assessment. Try searching it up, there should be some good stuff in that thread.
EDIT: ditto what OCDOCDOCD said as well, although I assumed you were already finished with content review.
Thanks🙂 I just finished with content review🙂
Take it very seriously when you take it. They recommend maybe taking breaks, and I would say that's a good idea because it's not timed. And finally, review EVERYTHING you got wrong and find out why you got it wrong.
Having just completed the General Chemistry AAMC Diagnostic (still have to do the others) I can say that it is worth it. If you have the time, I would definitely try to do this because it is AAMC material. The GChem Diag had 104 questions total. There were 21 passages and some discretes. I think that it does a pretty good job at covering all of the general chemistry topics. The AAMC Scores Report is very helpful in assessing your weaknesses and problem areas.
Having just completed the General Chemistry AAMC Diagnostic (still have to do the others) I can say that it is worth it. If you have the time, I would definitely try to do this because it is AAMC material. The GChem Diag had 104 questions total. There were 21 passages and some discretes. I think that it does a pretty good job at covering all of the general chemistry topics. The AAMC Scores Report is very helpful in assessing your weaknesses and problem areas.
Alright thanks!🙂 I'll be sure to buy them all🙂
I purchased the assessment and thought it would be nice if others who have taken the assessments would post how they did and whether before or after content review.
I took Organic and got 59% AFTER content review. 🙁
I took Organic and got 59% AFTER content review. 🙁