AAMC "Transcript Not Received"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuretrashwoman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my transcript via Parchment on 05/20/2020 and received a confirmation email from Parchment that AMCAS has received my transcript. Yet, it still states in my portal"not received" nor have I received my AAMC email receipt of successfully acquiring my transcript. I called AAMC number but I had no luck in getting any person or sound other than ringing. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Can give me advice on what to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello @futuretrashwoman , not sure how much this will help, but I was trying (and unsuccessful) to call AMCAS today. They had a message saying it will take up to 10 business days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 business days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays. It may take upwards to 25 business days. Unfortunately, as others have said, AMCAS is delayed a lot this year.

My transcripts took close to 25 days to be entered so it looks like everything is generally being delayed. Unfortunately there’s not much you can do, but wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too had trouble getting in contact with AMCAS. Been trying since yesterday

I sent 5 e-transcripts (took summer classes here and there) on the samE day from the same sender. 2 say received and the rest say not received. Guess there way behind who knows

I sent in one of my transcripts in from Parchment on 5/23. Nothing from AMCAS yet about receiving it. This is going to be a long cycle!

AMCAS is now displaying processing dates on their main landing page! Apparently electronic transcripts delivered on May 22 are being marked as received today, while, sadly, mail transcripts delivered May 12 (!!!) are being marked as received today!

I guess well see. I got emails saying that they received my transcripts but on AMCAS it still says not received

I got nothing. No e-mail except for that recommendations were received.

Hello @jmu29 and @Yakovsky, even though your emails say they have been delivered to AMCAS, it will take a while for the staff to actually link your e-transcripts to your account. It took them 2-3 days when I sent my e-transcripts in mid-May. But, if you go by old fashion mail, they had a message saying it will take up to 10 business days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 business days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays. It may take upwards to 25 business days. So, either way, as others have said, AMCAS is delayed a lot this year.

Hello @jmu29 and @Yakovsky, even though your emails say they have been delivered to AMCAS, it will take a while for the staff to actually link your e-transcripts to your account. It took them 2-3 days when I sent my e-transcripts in mid-May. But, if you go by old fashion mail, they had a message saying it will take up to 10 business days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 business days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays. It may take upwards to 25 business days. So, either way, as others have said, AMCAS is delayed a lot this year.
I sent 3 of them may 14th and 2 on may 28th :/

In that case, I suggest you:
1. be patient and wait (which is hard) OR
2. call them and wait in line (if you don't want to wait in line, you can drop off your number and they'll call you)

I did the latter option, as from prior experiences, I didn't want to be on hold for over 1.5 hours to talk to AMCAS staff.

Seems old-fashioned mail ain't old-fashioned after all considering my school won't use any other service! Worse is, they refused to put that letter request form in the envelope. COVID sure has put a damper on a lot of things. :(
P.S. considering your location, I'm the "lottery med school." ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Today my account was updated to received! Thanks for the advice and for those still waiting... hopefully yours is up soon!!!!!! Good luck 2021 applicants.

Hi everyone! Today my account was updated to received! Thanks for the advice and for those still waiting... hopefully yours is up soon!!!!!! Good luck 2021 applicants.
when did you submit? did you send e-transcripts, mail, or email?

AMCAS is now displaying processing dates on their main landing page! Apparently electronic transcripts delivered on May 22 are being marked as received today, while, sadly, mail transcripts delivered May 12 (!!!) are being marked as received today!

My mail transcript was delivered before May 12th and has not been received. I would take these dates with a grain of salt

My mail transcript was delivered before May 12th and has not been received. I would take these dates with a grain of salt

Mine was sent May 11 through mail, and it was marked as received on June 3. Good luck!!

After witnessing the significant delays from institutions sending transcripts to AAMC on top of their own delays in receiving and processing all kinds of transcripts, I will not be surprised to see AAMC announcing another delay in their applications transmissions plans beyond the July 10 anticipated date.., which may pressure schools to delay the cycle even further to enable adequate time for reviewing and interviewing applicants!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get an email saying e-transcripts received but the application still says mot received?

I got it reversed. My first paper transcript that was mailed was marked as "received," but the parchment one is still not received.

anyone who faxed their transcripts marked as received yet? the springtime of youth will wait but wants to stay informed

I ordered an e-transcript on May 25 which was delivered on May 26. AMCAS says they're onto May 27 transcripts today but mine still hasn't been marked as received. :(

I ordered an e-transcript on May 25 which was delivered on May 26. AMCAS says they're onto May 27 transcripts today but mine still hasn't been marked as received. :(

It might be a lag/delay on their end. I know it is hard, but give a few days. If you don't hear from AMCAS say by Friday, perhaps give them a call. If you can get in queue, I suggest leaving your number with them, so you don't have to wait. The AMCAS operator called me back in due time and offered lovely support.

It might be a lag/delay on their end. I know it is hard, but give a few days. If you don't hear from AMCAS say by Friday, perhaps give them a call. If you can get in queue, I suggest leaving your number with them, so you don't have to wait. The AMCAS operator called me back in due time and offered lovely support.

Thanks so much for the advice. I had been trying to call for a while and was finally able to get through to them this morning. Apparently the situation is more serious than I expected, as AMCAS has been having issues with transcripts sent through Parchment and now have to "physically index" the transcripts to process them. I was told to expect an update about whether they can locate my transcript within 3 business days, but after they find it, I will likely have to wait a while for them to mark it as received. Fingers crossed that it'll be processed soon, it's a bit frustrating that my app is still on hold because of an issue on Parchment/AMCAS's end. Def should've ordered my transcript way earlier :(