AAMC "Transcript Not Received"

futuretrashwoman

2+ Year Member
May 4, 2017
I sent my transcript via Parchment on 05/20/2020 and received a confirmation email from Parchment that AMCAS has received my transcript. Yet, it still states in my portal"not received" nor have I received my AAMC email receipt of successfully acquiring my transcript. I called AAMC number but I had no luck in getting any person or sound other than ringing. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Can give me advice on what to do?

Reactions: 1 user

HouseJC

If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong
2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2019
New Orleans
  1. Medical Student
Hello @futuretrashwoman , not sure how much this will help, but I was trying (and unsuccessful) to call AMCAS today. They had a message saying it will take up to 10 business days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 business days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays. It may take upwards to 25 business days. Unfortunately, as others have said, AMCAS is delayed a lot this year.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
1) Arrived/Delivered at AMCAS = received by parchment, school, or other sources
2) Received by AMCAS = transcript has been noted, validated (as coming from reliable source , officially sealed , etc) and logged into system
3) Ready for Processing/In queue by AMCAS = primary application and all transcripts have been logged into system
4) Processing by AMCAS = Coursework on primary is being checked against actual transcripts (ie verification)
5) Processed by AMCAS = Application has been verified and is awaiting transmission
6) Transmitted by AMCAS = Primary application is sent to school

AMCAS® FAQs
When will my transcripts be marked as “RECEIVED” by AMCAS?
If sent by U.S. mail, most transcripts take 7-10 calendar days to arrive at AMCAS from your institution. In general, it takes up to 15 business days from the day your transcript(s) arrived at our facilities for us to process them and mark them as “Received.” If sent by email or fax, most transcripts take up to 10 business days for us to process and mark them as "Received." Remember, you will receive an email from AMCAS once your transcripts are processed.

Section 4 of the AMCAS® Application: Course Work
Transcript Processing Timelines

The table below details all delivery options available to registrars, in order from fastest delivery to slowest. Please note, you will receive an email from AMCAS when your transcript is marked "Received."

MethodElectronic VendorEmailFaxMail *
Processing time3 business days10 business days10 business daysDelayed see below

* Mail transcripts are currently delayed due to the impact of COVID-19. If sent by U.S. mail, most transcripts take 10 calendar days to arrive at AMCAS from your institution. Then it takes approximately 15 business days from the day your transcripts arrived at our facilities to process them and mark them as “Received.” If possible, AMCAS recommends utilizing the other delivery methods at this time. If your registrar has questions, please contact [email protected].

MoTheGreatish

Currently a prestigious PD (Plague Doctor)
Jan 14, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
AMCAS is now displaying processing dates on their main landing page! Apparently electronic transcripts delivered on May 22 are being marked as received today, while, sadly, mail transcripts delivered May 12 (!!!) are being marked as received today!

HouseJC

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2019
New Orleans
  1. Medical Student
Hello @jmu29 and @Yakovsky, even though your emails say they have been delivered to AMCAS, it will take a while for the staff to actually link your e-transcripts to your account. It took them 2-3 days when I sent my e-transcripts in mid-May. But, if you go by old fashion mail, they had a message saying it will take up to 10 business days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 business days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays. It may take upwards to 25 business days. So, either way, as others have said, AMCAS is delayed a lot this year.

jmu29

Apr 2, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello @jmu29 and @Yakovsky, even though your emails say they have been delivered to AMCAS, it will take a while for the staff to actually link your e-transcripts to your account. It took them 2-3 days when I sent my e-transcripts in mid-May. But, if you go by old fashion mail, they had a message saying it will take up to 10 business days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 business days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays. It may take upwards to 25 business days. So, either way, as others have said, AMCAS is delayed a lot this year.
I sent 3 of them may 14th and 2 on may 28th :/

HouseJC

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2019
New Orleans
  1. Medical Student
In that case, I suggest you:
1. be patient and wait (which is hard) OR
2. call them and wait in line (if you don't want to wait in line, you can drop off your number and they'll call you)

I did the latter option, as from prior experiences, I didn't want to be on hold for over 1.5 hours to talk to AMCAS staff.

About the Ads

MoTheGreatish

Currently a prestigious PD (Plague Doctor)
Jan 14, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical

Seems old-fashioned mail ain't old-fashioned after all considering my school won't use any other service! Worse is, they refused to put that letter request form in the envelope. COVID sure has put a damper on a lot of things. :(
P.S. considering your location, I'm the "lottery med school." ;)

zeddd78893

2+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2018
AMCAS is now displaying processing dates on their main landing page! Apparently electronic transcripts delivered on May 22 are being marked as received today, while, sadly, mail transcripts delivered May 12 (!!!) are being marked as received today!

My mail transcript was delivered before May 12th and has not been received. I would take these dates with a grain of salt

Maimonides1

Healer Mentalist Humanist
2+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2017
Mediterranean
  1. Attending Physician
After witnessing the significant delays from institutions sending transcripts to AAMC on top of their own delays in receiving and processing all kinds of transcripts, I will not be surprised to see AAMC announcing another delay in their applications transmissions plans beyond the July 10 anticipated date.., which may pressure schools to delay the cycle even further to enable adequate time for reviewing and interviewing applicants!!

Reactions: 2 users

HouseJC

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2019
New Orleans
  1. Medical Student
I ordered an e-transcript on May 25 which was delivered on May 26. AMCAS says they're onto May 27 transcripts today but mine still hasn't been marked as received. :(

It might be a lag/delay on their end. I know it is hard, but give a few days. If you don't hear from AMCAS say by Friday, perhaps give them a call. If you can get in queue, I suggest leaving your number with them, so you don't have to wait. The AMCAS operator called me back in due time and offered lovely support.

biscuits18

2+ Year Member
May 23, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
It might be a lag/delay on their end. I know it is hard, but give a few days. If you don't hear from AMCAS say by Friday, perhaps give them a call. If you can get in queue, I suggest leaving your number with them, so you don't have to wait. The AMCAS operator called me back in due time and offered lovely support.

Thanks so much for the advice. I had been trying to call for a while and was finally able to get through to them this morning. Apparently the situation is more serious than I expected, as AMCAS has been having issues with transcripts sent through Parchment and now have to "physically index" the transcripts to process them. I was told to expect an update about whether they can locate my transcript within 3 business days, but after they find it, I will likely have to wait a while for them to mark it as received. Fingers crossed that it'll be processed soon, it's a bit frustrating that my app is still on hold because of an issue on Parchment/AMCAS's end. Def should've ordered my transcript way earlier :(

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.