Aamc V

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm curious, those that have taken aamc 5, what were your scores, did you improve from say, a TPR diag? Just curious. My score didn't change at all, and I missed a couple more problems on the aamc one than on my TPR test even though I thought it was easier. Weird huh? I'm still at a 25. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought AAMC 5R was pretty difficult. For what it's worth my scores for 5R were 11PS, 11VR, and 8 BS. On the real MCAT in April 2003 I got 10PS, 12VR, 12BS. I really doubt that I got that much better at BS between the time I took 5R and the real mcat. How did I make that 4 point improvement? I honestly have absolutely no idea. My advice is just to hope and pray that the real mcat day turns out to be your lucky day.

Originally posted by PreMedAdAG
Hey guys,
I'm curious, those that have taken aamc 5, what were your scores, did you improve from say, a TPR diag? Just curious. My score didn't change at all, and I missed a couple more problems on the aamc one than on my TPR test even though I thought it was easier. Weird huh? I'm still at a 25. Any advice?

my last TPR diag 4931, a week ago i got a 9V 5B 4P, took 5R this past saturday, got a 11V 8B 6P

I feel you,
after taking 5r i was in tears because the my verbal not onky did not improve, but i did not feel any connection with any part of it. I got a 5 on it and I was wondering how people were suppose to score higher when moving from TPR diagnostics to aamc exams. Anyway, I took 6R today and I felt like everything was going alright until I took the bio......oh my g......I really do not think that I wanna take that exam and go to medschool. if the real MCAT is like 5r and 6R i am assured to failled.