AAMC Virtual Fair - Worth missing class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blissworm

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I got an email from AAMC about a virtual fair in October where several medical schools are going to be present. They even said that some people have been offered interviews just based off conversations that happen at the fair. Unfortunately, on both the Wednesday and the Thursday that the fair is happening I have classes scheduled, including a once a week lab course. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether this fair would be worth missing a class or two? Do you get to speak with admissions representatives, or recruiters or similar people with connections to school but no detailed insight into the admissions process? Several schools I'm interested in are slated to attend, but I would only consider it worth it if I would get to interact with admissions reviewers from these programs that I could ask genuine questions to. Any insight would be helpful from anyone!

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't looked at the PREview Exam test questions, there's one in there that challenges you in a similar situation.

I would prioritize your classes. Email them about other opportunities to connect with admissions staff or students.

Reactions: 1 user