1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AAMC VR vs. EK and Kaplan

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Shejeboshease, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Shejeboshease

Shejeboshease Member
    10+ Year Member

The AAMC VR passages are too long...almost a whole page...and at least 3/4 of them have ony 5 questions: reading the whole passage in this case doesn't make any sense. do you guys have any strategies to attack these long passages with few questions? should i read the questions first to get some ideas? i just don't thinking reading carefully the whole passage is not the best way to answer those 5 questions..please share your thoughts. thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    actually, i tihnk you need to read the whole passage to answer the questions.

btw, i think AAMC VR is way easier than EK. I got 8, 7 on the 2 EK ones i took but 11, 10 on 3R and 4R. I hope 3R and 4R aren't too easy compared to the real thing. EK 101 passages book bothers me.