Quantcast

AAP meeting/ poster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dc2md

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the website says we'll hear by november 1st. or it did when i submitted my abstract.

dc2md

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so did you get one accepted fozzy?? i got one accepted to the AAPM in Honolulu but can't go b/c it overlaps our SAE date this year (which is mandatory).

fozzy40

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got one accepted to the AAP. Congrats on the AAPM submission!

Sanchik

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i can't believe the $700 registration fee. not v. encouraging for resident participation. i got accepted but now i dont think i'm going to go.

dc2md

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i can't believe the $700 registration fee. not v. encouraging for resident participation. i got accepted but now i dont think i'm going to go.

:eek: that is ridiculous!!!! what's the AAP trying to do with that tactic?

medicineman1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were accepted for oral presentation (other than electrode store)- wondering the significance? At this point is it a competition for an award for the other oral presenters? How many non electrode store oral presenters (non poster) are selected? Thanks

axm397

SDN Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were accepted for oral presentation (other than electrode store)- wondering the significance? At this point is it a competition for an award for the other oral presenters? How many non electrode store oral presenters (non poster) are selected? Thanks

I did an oral presentation last year - I think there were about 4-5 other presenters in my group and there were at least 3-4 groups (on various topics) every day - and they judged the best oral presentation (non electrode store) - not sure if winner got $ though since I didn't win. :D

There were also poster presenters too - not sure how many of those and if they were judged.

medicineman1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This year it will be slightly different. There are 4 groups of oral presenters each with four presenters. One group is med students. The other three groups or 12 presenters will be a combination of residents, faculty, and fellows. All oral presentations (non electrode store) presentations will be on Friday. (this is the info I've gathered)