AAP meeting/ poster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissMedicine

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who submitted abstracts to AAP... have you heard any news yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
the website says we'll hear by november 1st. or it did when i submitted my abstract.

so did you get one accepted fozzy?? i got one accepted to the AAPM in Honolulu but can't go b/c it overlaps our SAE date this year (which is mandatory).

Yeah, I got one accepted to the AAP. Congrats on the AAPM submission!

i can't believe the $700 registration fee. not v. encouraging for resident participation. i got accepted but now i dont think i'm going to go.

i can't believe the $700 registration fee. not v. encouraging for resident participation. i got accepted but now i dont think i'm going to go.

:eek: that is ridiculous!!!! what's the AAP trying to do with that tactic?

If you were accepted for oral presentation (other than electrode store)- wondering the significance? At this point is it a competition for an award for the other oral presenters? How many non electrode store oral presenters (non poster) are selected? Thanks

If you were accepted for oral presentation (other than electrode store)- wondering the significance? At this point is it a competition for an award for the other oral presenters? How many non electrode store oral presenters (non poster) are selected? Thanks

I did an oral presentation last year - I think there were about 4-5 other presenters in my group and there were at least 3-4 groups (on various topics) every day - and they judged the best oral presentation (non electrode store) - not sure if winner got $ though since I didn't win. :D

There were also poster presenters too - not sure how many of those and if they were judged.

This year it will be slightly different. There are 4 groups of oral presenters each with four presenters. One group is med students. The other three groups or 12 presenters will be a combination of residents, faculty, and fellows. All oral presentations (non electrode store) presentations will be on Friday. (this is the info I've gathered)