AAPM&R Conference - medical student program

Started by axm397
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axm397

SDN Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a medical student, you can join the AAPM&R and attend the AAPM&R annual assemblies.

This year's assembly will be in Boston. There will be a FREE medical student program on Saturday, September 29: 9 am-Noon.
Here's the link:http://www.aapmr.org/assembly/aa07/aa_edu_medstu.htm

To attend the full assembly, medical student member rate is 160 bucks before August 3rd. This fee includes the resident reception which is always a fun time - usually has great EtOH - AND lots of mingling opportunity. Here's the link for registration: https://www.e-aapmr.org/imis/imisonline/eMeetings/eMeetings/MtgInfo.cfm?MtgCode=AA2007

I have been going every year since I was a 4th year medical student and I love the annual assemblies. People are nice and you don't have to be shy! I also went to the medical student program in Philadelphia which was very well attended by 1st - 4th year medical students. The feedback was phenomenal and the opportunity to meet some of the top Physiatrists in the country and residents from all over the country definitely is worth the trip. It's a half day program on a Saturday - so you could just come up to Boston for the program and leave without even having to pay for a hotel. Of course, I would recommend hanging out some more and getting a good "feel" for the field!😍

pm me if you want more info.
 
As a medical student, you can join the AAPM&R and attend the AAPM&R annual assemblies.



----------------------------------------------
How about pre-meds?
 
Does a medical student membership application require a signature from a dean? I saw something regarding that when I was reviewing the application the other day...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no but you need an AAPM&R member to co-sign it for you. my dean did not sign mine and i got student membership this year.

J
 
Thanks guys/gals! Yeah, I dont think a signature should be a problem from the Office of Student Affairs, I doubt they would frown upon a student getting involved in something 😛
 
You have the John Muir VW book? That book rocks. With just that book I was able to rebuild my engine, electrical etc on my '71 VW bug convertible.

What day is the resident's reception? I can't seem to locate the schedule. I'm pretty broke so I may just come in for the free med student program. Thanks!


As a medical student, you can join the AAPM&R and attend the AAPM&R annual assemblies.

This year's assembly will be in Boston. There will be a FREE medical student program on Saturday, September 29: 9 am-Noon.
Here's the link:http://www.aapmr.org/assembly/aa07/aa_edu_medstu.htm

To attend the full assembly, medical student member rate is 160 bucks before August 3rd. This fee includes the resident reception which is always a fun time - usually has great EtOH - AND lots of mingling opportunity. Here's the link for registration: https://www.e-aapmr.org/imis/imisonline/eMeetings/eMeetings/MtgInfo.cfm?MtgCode=AA2007

I have been going every year since I was a 4th year medical student and I love the annual assemblies. People are nice and you don't have to be shy! I also went to the medical student program in Philadelphia which was very well attended by 1st - 4th year medical students. The feedback was phenomenal and the opportunity to meet some of the top Physiatrists in the country and residents from all over the country definitely is worth the trip. It's a half day program on a Saturday - so you could just come up to Boston for the program and leave without even having to pay for a hotel. Of course, I would recommend hanging out some more and getting a good "feel" for the field!😍

pm me if you want more info.