Aasdas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ud1500

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

ud1500 said:
For the part of the application asking "Have you ever worked in a dental office, dental lab, hospital, clinic, etc" does this mean ONLY dental experience? I have a lot of hours in an optometry office as well as some OR experience with a podiatrist and I think it should be represented somewhere, but this part of the application wasn't worded well so I'm not sure.

Sorry to be blunt, but you do realize that AADSAS is an application for DENTAL school......i really dont think adcoms care about your opto or podiatrist observations...although they are all health professionals, they are totally different careers

Yeah, I think I remember now that I'm applying to dental school. I guess you're right, no school could possibly be interested in the fact that you've thoroughly researched your other options and have legitimate reasons for choosing dentistry INSTEAD of anything else. Come to think of it not a single person has EVER asked me why I want to be a dentist instead of an MD. Hard to belive huh?

ud1500 said:
Yeah, I think I remember now that I'm applying to dental school. I guess you're right, no school could possibly be interested in the fact that you've thoroughly researched your other options and have legitimate reasons for choosing dentistry INSTEAD of anything else. Come to think of it not a single person has EVER asked me why I want to be a dentist instead of an MD. Hard to belive huh?

sorry dude...I overlooked the "as well" part of your original post....I thought you only did opto and podia observations and not dental....in that case, its very important and will come up during the interview...dont worry about the AADSAS application...