ABA Advanced 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Well.. time to live with that post exam uneasiness again for 4-6weeks. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
F that exam man
futurama agree GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
If I don't pass i'm screwed cuz i don't know what i'd do differently to study for the next one

Reactions: 1 users
Wasn't fun. If I failed then I'll print out the ABA Advanced Content Outline and force myself to get through every item... somehow... during fellowship 😭 definitely regret relaxing these last few months

Wasn't fun. If I failed then I'll print out the ABA Advanced Content Outline and force myself to get through every item... somehow... during fellowship 😭 definitely regret relaxing these last few months
I studied but relied on true learn mostly which wasn’t good I guess. What fellowship?

This is the way. No matter which board or exam you're studying for, the authors nowadays know when there's a study source that is overwhelmingly popular...and they will write questions that are simply not found there.

I wouldn't be surprised if basic and advanced pass rates were higher when I passed in part because of the rise of true learn. The other part being maybe true learn isn't like every other qbank company, i.e. they're not recruiting a host of recent test takers to essentially remember questions from the real exam and illegally pass them on to keep the qbank content up to date.

Does anyone knows what percentage of questions we need to get right to be able to pass? I don’t want to take that exam again!

Does anyone knows what percentage of questions we need to get right to be able to pass? I don’t want to take that exam again!
I Don’t think anyone knows for sure. If I had to guess it’s like 65% but that might even seem low. I’m not sure I got that

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you know you "barely passed"
ABA includes your percentile with the keywords you missed. I assume his percentile was low.

For what it’s worth, i think I had 40?ish keywords I missed and that was around 70ish percentile if I recall correctly.

ABA includes your percentile with the keywords you missed. I assume his percentile was low.

For what it’s worth, i think I had 40?ish keywords I missed and that was around 70ish percentile if I recall correctly.
I thought that was only for ITE. Pretty sure basic did not give a percentile

I thought that was only for ITE. Pretty sure basic did not give a percentile
Basic did not give percentile, but the advanced did.

The official score is P/F, but ABA included your percentile in your keywords report last year.

Reactions: 3 users
Can we expect our results this week?

I'm guessing next Wednesday 8/31 solely based off of the Basic exam turnaround time a couple months ago. Just shy of 6 weeks after the test. Helps keep me from constantly checking this week.
Sigh. Ready for eternal depression and the eventual retake when I get results next week

Have been checking the ABA app, it’s offline as it’s under maintenance. Trying not to read too much into it but can’t keep calm!

Same! Kind of have to supplement Truelearn with other banks too at this point.

Phew! Thank God

See you guys for oral boards discussion. Please mention what resources you guys will be using to prepare. For now, im planning to look into UBP test sets and practice cases with a friend

When did you guys get for oral boards? Mine is October 2023, and I'm a current fellow. Do they open more slots or am I going to be taking anesthesia in over a year and another year for specialty boards?

lets gooooo!!!what a relief.

When did you guys get for oral boards? Mine is October 2023, and I'm a current fellow. Do they open more slots or am I going to be taking anesthesia in over a year and another year for specialty boards?
No, and yes I know it sucks especially with people who can actually get higher compensation after being board certified.

I would add reading nysora. Day or two before every ite and for this exam I go through all the blocks on nysora focusing on anatomy, dermatomes, and complications. Takes maybe 2-4 hours to go through all of them but All the obscure block questions aren’t too bad if you are vaguely familiar with the block.

I'm so jealous of the MCQ format you guys have. But how hard is it for you to transition from MCQ direct to orals? Surely would be a massive step

late to the thread but they opened up spots or something for those w fellowships who need to be boarded before they can take fellowship exams